Texas Tech Red Raiders vs Iowa State Cyclones prediction and game preview.
Texas Tech vs Iowa State Broadcast
Date: Saturday, October 10th
Game Time: 3:30 ET
Venue: MidAmerican Energy Field, Ames, IA
Texas Tech (1-2) vs Iowa State (2-1) Game Preview
For latest lines and to bet on college football, go to BetMGM
Why Texas Tech Will Win
Texas Tech’s offense is able to negate the one thing on Iowa State that’s rocking – the pass rush.
The Cyclones lead the Big 12 in sacks – Ja’Quan Bailey and Will McDonald have been terrific – but the Red Raiders live on its quick-hitting attack that gets the ball out of the quarterback’s hands in a hurry.
Texas Tech has allowed just one sack in the first three games, and it’s working. The offense has pushed past 440 yards in all three games as it hits third down conversion after third down conversion, clicking at a 55% clip.
On the other side, Iowa State QB Brock Purdy has been fine, but nothing special. He was great against TCU and hit some big plays against Oklahoma, but he hasn’t been consistent enough. However …
Why Iowa State Will Win
He wasn’t perfect against Texas Tech as a freshman, and the Cyclones won. He was great last year – 378 yards with three scores and an interception – in a win.
Texas Tech QB Alan Bowman is expected to be close to okay after leaving the Kansas State game with an ankle injury, and that puts the pressure former Utah State Aggie Henry Colombi to be ready. He was fine when he took over – hitting 71% of his throws for 244 yards and two scores – but Iowa State has a quarterback edge.
Purdy should go off against a Red Raider defense that’s allowed 1,040 yards in three games. If he can keep the chains moving and control the clock better, the Cyclone D should be able to hold serve just enough.
What’s Going To Happen
The Texas Tech offense will be just fine, but Purdy and the Iowa State offense will be better in key moments. This might be a better Red Raider team than last year’s version, but the Cyclones will survive with a few late scores.
Texas Tech vs Iowa State Prediction, Line
Iowa State 37, Texas Tech 31
Bet on Texas Tech vs Iowa State with BetMGM
Iowa State -13, o/u: 64.5
ATS Confidence out of 5: 3.5
Must See Rating: 3
5: Eddie Van Halen
1: Vin Diesel’s “Feel Like I Do”
- Night of 11 aces: Bieber-Giolito doesn’t disappoint; Snell falls apart
- Contreras lets bat talk against Brewers after HBP
- Andrade’s First Post-WWE Appearance Revealed – Details
- Taz Upset With WWE’s Snub Of Him After 24th Anniversary Of ECW Barely Legal Tweet
- Maple Leafs’ Rittich impresses under challenging circumstances
- Flames’ Lucic turns back clock with complete performance in 1,000th game
- NFL Draft Safety Rankings 2021: From The College Perspective
- Representing Finland in CFL would be ‘a dream come true’ for Mulumba
- Duffy latest Cub to hit COVID related injured list
- Cleveland’s Chang shows racist msgs. after error