Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs Kansas City Chiefs Super Bowl prediction, game preview.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers at Green Bay Packers Broadcast
Date: Sunday, February 7
Game Time: 6:30 ET
Venue: Raymond James Stadium, Tampa, FL
Super Bowl: Tampa Bay Buccaneers (14-5) vs Kansas City Chiefs (16-2) Game Preview
For latest lines and to bet on the NFL, go to BetMGM
Why Tampa Bay Will Win The Super Bowl
The defense has taken things to another level at just the right time.
It was terrific throughout the season and outstanding against the run throughout, but with the pressure on down the stretch, the D has improved, it continues to be a takeaway machine, and it was able to stuff New Orleans and Green Bay on the road to get the first ever home Super Bowl.
Don’t blow off how important it is that this is in Tampa Bay. Not only is this Super Bowl without all meaningless overblown hoo-ha of normal, but the teams are taking very different paths.
Kansas City is preparing at home – almost like it’s a regular road game – while the Buccaneers are practicing in their normal surroundings, they’re staying in their own beds, and in a year when the home field advantage crowd-wise doesn’t really matter, they’re able to truly make this like it’s a pumped up Sunday night Week 11 game.
On the field, Kansas City isn’t going to run much against the No. 1 run defense in the NFL, it’s not going to get its normal passing game going against one of the best teams in the league at preventing the big play, and then there’s that guy on the other side.
Don’t just assume the Tampa Bay offense is going to move because Tom Brady is in a Super Bowl, but it’s not a bad thing. He threw two picks in the first meeting against the two, but he also threw three interceptions in the NFC Championship win over Green Bay. The team was able to overcome the mistakes because of, again …
This is where having two weeks off should help. In the first game – a 27-24 KC win, by the way – it was the end of a 12-game run before the Bucs got their bye week. The team was leaking oil with two losses in a row before getting the time off, and it hasn’t lost since.
Kansas City was a week removed from its bye.
But about that Tampa Bay defense …
NEXT: Why Kansas City Will Win The Super Bowl
- Brewers’ Yelich lands on IL with lower back strain
- Braves’ Kazmar plays in first MLB game since ’08
- Acosta prevails over Foggia to win Portuguese Moto3 encounter at the death
- Formula 1 announces 10-year Miami Grand Prix deal
- 2022 NFL Draft: Top 32 Pro Prospects First Look
- Oilers’ growth an extension of McDavid, Draisaitl’s own on-ice transformation
- The Rock & His Wife Purchase New Multi-Million Dollar Mansion
- Sami Zayn Reveals New T-Shirt For Charity, ROH’s 500th Episode & More
- Twins-Angels games PPD due to COVID concerns
- DeGrom strikes out 9 in row, 14 in all, in win