Stanford vs Oregon State prediction and game preview.
Stanford vs Oregon State Broadcast
Date: Saturday, December 12
Game Time: 10:30 ET
Venue: Reser Stadium, Corvallis, OR
Stanford (2-2) vs Oregon State (2-3) Game Preview
For latest lines and to bet on the NFL, go to BetMGM
Why Stanford Will Win
What’s Stanford doing right in its two-game winning streak? The passing game hasn’t been bad throughout the year, the running game has been okay at times, and overall, the offensive line is fine.
This isn’t a dominant offense, but the Cardinal have rushed for over 190 yards twice in the four games and Oregon State has the Pac-12’s second-worst run defense.
While 190 yards might not seem like a lot, the 2019 Stanford offense failed to run for the mark last year and did it only once in the previous 28 games before this season.
Oregon State isn’t generating a lick of pressure in the backfield.
Why Oregon State Will Win
Jermar Jefferson is back.
He missed the Utah game after having to sit out due to COVID contact tracing protocols, but all is fine and now he’s in. He was coming off an epic 226-yard day against Oregon, averaging 7.4 yards per carry for the season with seven touchdowns in the four games.
The Stanford run defense hasn’t been miserable, but it’s allowed over 200 yards twice in the four games and, like Oregon State’s D, the line isn’t generating any pressure, either. That’s part of the reason why the Cardinal are dead last in college football in third down defense – allowing teams to convert a whopping 57% of the time.
What’s Going To Happen
Thanks to the protocols in Santa Clara county, Stanford is playing on the four the fourth time now in five games.
Oregon State is a different team with Jefferson in the backfield, and it needs him with starting QB Tristan Gebbia out for the year with a hamstring injury suffered late against Oregon. Freshman QB Chance Nolan wasn’t bad in the loss to Utah, but he missed almost half of his passes.
Stanford will swarm all over Jefferson, and Nolan won’t be able to pick up the slack. Stanford’s D might be awful on third downs, but Oregon State’s O is awful at converting and won’t take advantage of the opportunities.
Stanford vs Oregon State Prediction, Line
Stanford 30, Oregon State 24
Bet on Stanford vs Oregon State with BetMGM
Stanford -3, o/u: 53
ATS Confidence out of 5: 2
Must See Rating: 2.5
5: Wonder Woman 1984
1: A Holly Dolly Christmas
- Verstappen leads Mercedes pair in Hungarian GP FP1
- Netflix to release new Schumacher documentary this year
- Bryce Young’s Name, Image, Likeness Deals Aren’t Enough: Daily Cavalcade
- Trade deadline tracker: Which big bats the Mets are eyeing now, plus our latest buzz
- Yankees acquire All-Star slugger Rizzo from Cubs
- Red Sox get All-Star Schwarber from Nationals
- Sources: Dodgers finalizing Scherzer, Turner deal
- Frankie Kazarian Returns To Impact Wrestling, 6-Man Tag Match Set For Next Week’s Impact
- Seth Rollins Says He Misses Brock Lesnar
- Blue Jackets sign defender Zach Werenski to six-year, $57.5M extension