SMU Mustangs vs SFA Lumberjacks prediction and game preview.
SMU vs SFA Broadcast
Date: Saturday, September 26
Game Time: 7:00 ET
Venue: Gerald J, Ford Stadium, Dallas, TX
SMU (2-0) vs SFA (0-2) Game Preview
For latest lines and to bet on college football, go to BetMGM
Why SFA Will Win
The offense didn’t roll through the first two games, but it didn’t let games get out of hand.
The Lumberjacks were in both games against UTEP and UTSA, but they couldn’t get the big late scoring drive to get over the hump. The pass defense didn’t get destroyed in the two games, but it had issues – it has to be able to overcome the yards SMU will generate through the air.
This is hate game for SFA to get its own passing game going against a suspect Mustang secondary that struggled late in the 65-35 win over North Texas, but …
Why SMU Will Win
The SMU offense heated up.
It got past the tune-up opener against Texas State – a struggle of a game, even though the passing game clicked – to rip up North Texas for 710 yards of total offense. QB Shane Buechele has been brilliant, hitting 73% of his passes for 711 yards and five scores with two picks. SFA doesn’t have the firepower to keep up.
If you can’t score more than 24 points combined against UTEP and UTSA, there are problems. That’s why …
What’s Going To Happen
SMU will do whatever it wants.
SFA won’t have the offense to answer a few early Mustang scores, and then it’ll be all about tuning up further. Buechele will put in a big half of work before giving way in the blowout.
SMU vs SFA Prediction, Line
SMU 50, SFA 17
Bet on SMU vs SFA with BetMGM
No Line, o/u: No Line
Must See Rating: 1.5
- Lions vs. Colts: How to watch online, live stream info, game time, TV channel
- How to watch Bengals vs. Titans: Live stream, TV channel, start time for Sunday’s NFL game
- Suning’s SofM and SwordArt reach long-awaited League of Legends World Championship final
- DAMWON look to close out dominant League of Legends World Championship run
- Sun Belt Predictions, Schedule, Game Previews, Lines, TV: Week 9
- 10 Best College Football Predictions Against The Spread: Week 9 Big, Big Ten Assumptions
- Alonso set for two-day Renault test in Bahrain
- Alfa Romeo retains Raikkonen and Giovinazzi for 2021
- Mark Lawrenson predicts Aston Villa v Southampton
- Mark Lawrenson predicts Newcastle United v Everton