Purdue vs Minnesota prediction and game preview.
Purdue vs Minnesota Broadcast
Date: Friday, November 20
Game Time: 7:30 ET
Venue: TCF Bank Stadium, Minneapolis, MN
Network: Big Ten Network
Purdue (3-1) vs Minnesota (1-3) Game Preview
For latest lines and to bet on the NFL, go to BetMGM
Why Purdue Will Win
Can Minnesota show up on a weeknight game? It gacked away a loss to Maryland, and it didn’t do much of anything in a stunningly bad performance in a 35-7 home loss to Iowa last week.
The Gopher offense is moving the chains, and the running game isn’t bad, but the run defense has been a disaster, there’s no pressure into the backfield whatsoever, and the pass defense isn’t coming up with enough big plays.
Purdue QB Aidan O’Connell is coming off a rough day against Northwestern, but he’s not making a whole lot of mistakes, and he’s averaging over 300 yards per game through the air. The Purdue offense is working well enough to pick apart this Gopher D, but …
Why Minnesota Will Win
1) Purdue has yet to face anyone who’s interested in running and running some more, and 2) O’Connell is iffy at best to go. He was banged up against Northwestern, and while Jack Plummer is a more-than-capable backup, he’s the No. 2 guy.
Illinois doesn’t have much of a ground game, and Northwestern doesn’t have the ability to pound away too much, but Iowa was able to run for close to 200 yards and averaged over five yards per game in the opener.
Minnesota has to keep this simple. Run Mohamed Ibrahim, and run him some more. He’s been overworked as is – with 130 carries in four games – but he’s producing with 715 yards and ten touchdowns.
Get him going, and then hope Tanner Morgan can be the 2019 version. He hasn’t been sharp so far, but last year he hit 21-of-22 passes for 396 yards and four scores in the 38-31 win over the Boilermakers.
What’s Going To Happen
Can Minnesota avoid making a whole slew of mistakes?
Purdue has been strong in turnover margin so far, and Minnesota has turned it over twice in three of the four games. In this, though, the Gopher offensive line will catch a bit of a break with no Purdue pass rush to worry about.
Minnesota is way, way, way overdue for a good performance against a decent team. Purdue doesn’t have the running game to take advantage of the soft Gopher defensive front.
Purdue vs Minnesota Prediction, Line
Minnesota 27, Purdue 23
Bet on Purdue vs Minnesota with BetMGM
Purdue -1.5, o/u: 60
ATS Confidence out of 5: 2
Must See Rating: 3
5: The Crown: Season 4
1: A Nashville Christmas Carol
Bet $1 on the Notre Dame money line, WIN an additional $100 (in free bets) if Notre Dame scores a touchdown this weekend. Place your legal, online sports bets in CO, IN, NJ, TN and WV at BetMGM. New customer offer, terms and conditions apply. Bet now!
- Ole Miss vs Mississippi State Prediction, Game Preview
- Alabama vs Auburn Prediction, Game Preview
- WWE Friday Night SmackDown Viewership For 11/20/20
- Prospects News & Rumors: Team Canada, Lundkvist & Kotkaniemi
- Catch up on all the classic games aired during GCU week
- Report – WWE Getting Talent Involved With Popular Gaming Channel
- White Sox to host Yanks in Field of Dreams game
- Now opponents, Collaros, Nichols reflect on championship ride
- Florida vs Kentucky Prediction, Game Preview
- Olivier Giroud could be allowed to leave Chelsea in January