Pittsburgh Steelers vs Washington Football Team prediction, game preview, and fantasy player to watch.
Pittsburgh Steelers vs Washington Football Team Broadcast
Date: Monday, December 7
Game Time: 5:00 ET
Venue: Heinz Field, Pittsburgh, PA
Pittsburgh Steelers (11-0) vs Washington Football Team (4-7) Game Preview
For latest lines and to bet on the NFL, go to BetMGM
Why Washington Football Team Will Win
The Washington defense continues to be terrific, and now the offense is picking it up, too.
The D is second in the NFL in first downs allowed, it’s been great at keeping the big pass plays to a minimum, and the run defense hasn’t allowed more than 70 yards in either of the last two games. The two takeaways in each of the last two help, too.
The emergence of Alex Smith and the running of Antonio Gibson have been a huge part of the two-game winning streak, there’s a decent enough balance to be versatile, and the team is great at capitalizing off of mistakes.
Why Pittsburgh Steelers Will Win
Whoopee. The Football Team rocked Cincinnati and Dallas – like that’s hard.
Pittsburgh might have lost star pass rusher Bud Dupree, but the big plays should be there for the NFL’s No. 1 pass defense and top D overall. The Baltimore game last week was an outlier for a slew of reasons, but even before that, the defense was able dominate with multiple takeaways in evert game but the wins over Houston and Tennessee.
Washington doesn’t turn the ball over often, but it’ll give it up a few times. The Steeler offense that’s sputtering a bit could use the help.
Fantasy Football Player To Watch
RB Antonio Gibson, Washington
The former Memphis do-it-all star has turned into a No. 1 caliber franchise fantasy back over the last several weeks. Great around the goal line, he has eight touchdowns in his last five games with two 100-yard days during the stretch.
The Pittsburgh defense might be a rock, but it’ll give up rushing yards – four of the last five teams have torn off 129 yards or more.
What’s Going To Happen
There was a whole lot of bluster about how the team didn’t play all that well, and about how being 11-0 doesn’t matter when there are so many struggles running the ball, but Pittsburgh has the luxury of tweaking because it’s just that good.
The defense will keep Alex Smith from getting comfortable, Gibson will struggle to find room, and it’ll be a grind. The Steelers will struggle once again on the ground – they failed to hit 100 yards in five of the last six games – and they won’t do it this week. But the passing game will be more explosive than was against Baltimore, and there won’t be all the misfires and drops.
Pittsburgh Steelers vs Washington Football Team Prediction, Line
Pittsburgh 30, Washington 17
Bet on Pittsburgh vs Washington with BetMGM
Pittsburgh -6.5, o/u: 43.5
ATS Confidence out of 5: 3.5
Must See Rating: 3
5: Gangs of London
1: Hillbilly Elegy
- 2022 Cleeve Hurdle Tips, Predictions & Preview – No Opposing Champ at Cheltenham
- W Series to kick off eight-round 2022 season in Miami
- Ecuador vs Brazil prediction: World Cup qualifier betting tips, odds and free bet
- Jeddah to make minor tweaks for driver visibility
- Ichiro unanimous? A wait for Chase Utley? Predicting the next three Hall of Fame classes
- College Football Bowl Ties, Affiliations For Each Conference 2022-2023
- Johnny Gargano Reacts To His Name Being Chanted On AEW Dynamite
- AEW Dynamite News – Britt Baker Trashes Cleveland, Kris Statlander/Leyla Hirsch
- With a mix of old, new and borrowed tricks, the Flames make franchise history
- Winners, losers and fallout from the 2022 Baseball Hall of Fame election