Penn State Nittany Lions vs Rutgers Scarlet Knights prediction and game preview.
Penn State vs Rutgers Broadcast
Date: Saturday, December 5
Game Time: 12:00 ET
Venue: SHI Stadium, Piscataway, NJ
Penn State (1-5) vs Rutgers (2-4) Game Preview
For latest lines and to bet on the NFL, go to BetMGM
Why Penn State Will Win
Did the Nittany Lions find its running back to work around?
They haven’t had a lick of luck keeping their backs healthy, but freshman Keyvone Lee carried the offense though the Michigan game with 134 yards and a touchdown on 22 carries – he finally started to get the ball more after running for a score in each of the previous two games.
Penn State is actually moving the ball. It’s good on third downs, the secondary has been fine, and considering this is the worst start in the program’s history, the team hasn’t been all that awful.
It hasn’t been consistent, it hasn’t been able to run the ball well enough, and …
Why Rutgers Will Win
Penn State turns the ball over way, way too much.
It starts with an offensive line that isn’t getting the job done in pass protection, and it hasn’t been able to do enough for the running game on a regular basis.
Penn State turned it over eight times in the first five games – going -9 in turnover margin – and it was clean against Michigan.
Rutgers doesn’t have a pass rush, but it’s active, it comes up with a slew of tackles for loss, and it’s good at keeping the turnover margin within range.
The seven takeaways against Michigan State were flashy, and there have been just four forced turnover since, but the team is 2-0 when winning the turnover margin.
What’s Going To Happen
Penn State is still struggling, and this isn’t going to be the layup the program is used to against Rutgers, but the Michigan win will be when the pivot comes.
The Nittany Lions should’ve been the winner against Indiana, they weren’t that awful against Ohio State, and …
They’ve struggled. That was more of a negative momentum thing – combined with the injuries and inconsistencies on the O line – but it’ll struggle through its second win of the season with a running game that takes over early on.
Penn State vs Rutgers Prediction, Line
Penn State 30, Rutgers 23
Bet on Penn State vs Rutgers with BetMGM
Penn State -11, o/u: 54.5
ATS Confidence out of 5: 3
Must See Rating: 2.5
5: Gangs of London
1: Hillbilly Elegy
- Russell: No promises from Mercedes over 2022 F1 seat
- The Lookahead: Maple Leafs coach Keefe emerging as Jack Adams frontrunner
- Technical Insight: AMR21 – a mix of W11 and evolved RP20
- Why a Mattias Ekholm trade would make sense for Jets
- Demko finds accomplices as Canucks make clean getaway vs. Maple Leafs
- WWE Women’s Tag Team Championships Rematch Set For Fastlane
- Mazepin unmoved by criticism of financial backing
- Chris Jericho, Disco Inferno, Madusa Call For All States To Reopen Now
- The Rock Gives Some High Praise To The Hurt Business, Bobby Lashley Responds
- Top 7 M&F At-Home Workouts One Year After COVID