Penn State vs Michigan State prediction and game preview.
Penn State vs Michigan State Broadcast
Date: Saturday, December 12
Game Time: 3:30 ET
Venue: Beaver Stadium, University Park, PA
Penn State (2-5) vs Michigan State (2-4) Game Preview
For latest lines and to bet on the NFL, go to BetMGM
Why Michigan State Will Win
Michigan State had a bad day against Ohio State, but when the team gets good play out of the lines, it can win.
It was able to run well enough to get by Northwestern, and even though the ground attack hasn’t been anything great, the team is 2-0 when running for over 100 yards and 0-4 when it doesn’t.
Penn State has been good against the better passing teams, but it’s been hammered on by anyone who tries to run, allowing over 100 yards five times.
On the other side, the defensive front has had its problems, but it leads the Big Ten in tackles for loss and there’s enough of a pass rush to be a problem.
Why Penn State Will Win
The team has pulled up out of the nosedive.
It was a rough first part of the season in the worst start ever for the program, but the effort was there, and there just wasn’t a whole lot of luck. What changed? The running game took over with two straight 200-yard days – 502 yards combined – helped by the emergence of the quarterbacks as more dangerous runners.
Michigan State’s defense is coming off a rough day, giving up 322 on the ground to Ohio State.
The Nittany Lion offense is doing a strong job of controlling the clock, the team is second in the Big Ten in total offense, and the secondary has been terrific.
What’s Going To Happen
Michigan State isn’t scoring, it’s not getting the offense moving, and it’s having massive problems with turnovers.
Penn State is trending up, it’s saving its season with a good formula that’s starting to work, and it’s going to rely on a defense that’s allowed fewer than 300 yards four times and an O that’s getting the ground game going.
Penn State makes it three straight wins.
Penn State vs Michigan State Prediction, Line
Penn State 27, Michigan State 13
Bet on Penn State vs Michigan State with BetMGM
Penn State -15.5, o/u: 47
ATS Confidence out of 5: 2
Must See Rating: 2.5
5: Wonder Woman 1984
1: A Holly Dolly Christmas
- Verstappen leads Mercedes pair in Hungarian GP FP1
- Netflix to release new Schumacher documentary this year
- Bryce Young’s Name, Image, Likeness Deals Aren’t Enough: Daily Cavalcade
- Trade deadline tracker: Which big bats the Mets are eyeing now, plus our latest buzz
- Yankees acquire All-Star slugger Rizzo from Cubs
- Red Sox get All-Star Schwarber from Nationals
- Sources: Dodgers finalizing Scherzer, Turner deal
- Frankie Kazarian Returns To Impact Wrestling, 6-Man Tag Match Set For Next Week’s Impact
- Seth Rollins Says He Misses Brock Lesnar
- Blue Jackets sign defender Zach Werenski to six-year, $57.5M extension