Oregon Ducks vs Cal Golden Bears prediction and game preview.
Oregon vs Cal Broadcast
Date: Saturday, December 5
Game Time: 7:00 ET
Venue: California Memorial Stadium, Berkeley, CA
Oregon (4-1) vs Cal (0-3) Game Preview
For latest lines and to bet on the NFL, go to BetMGM
Why Oregon Will Win
Oregon screwed it up last week in the fog against Oregon State – losing 41-38 to an any possible College Football Playoff dreams – but win this, win next week against Washington, and it’s off to the Pac-12 Championship to defend its title.
The offense is working just fine with Tyler Shough doing a terrific job in the first four games – the two picks against the Beavers, though were and issue – and the explosion has been there for the balanced attack.
On the other side, Cal just can’t get this thing to work. The offense ran well against Stanford, but couldn’t throw. The passing game was great against Oregon State, but the ground attack failed.
There’s no pass rush, the offensive line isn’t stopping anyone from getting into the backfield, and …
Why Cal Will Win
Oregon can’t get into the backfield.
It’s one of the stranger fails of the abbreviated Pac-12 season so far. The Ducks have the talent, and they’ve got the stars who should be living behind the line, but D has four sacks in four games.
Kayvon Thibodeaux only has one sack, and LB Noah Sewell led the way with just two of the team’s four.
What’s Cal doing right? Again, the running game worked against Stanford – freshman Damien Moore and senior Marcel Dancy took turns ripping through the Cardinal – and now they get to go against the Duck D that’s been hammered for close to 270 rushing yards in each of the last two games.
Having the Pac-12’s worst run defense wasn’t supposed to be a part of the plan.
What’s Going To Happen
Oregon will get it back after the Oregon State loss. The defense will still have problems up front, but Cal won’t get enough out of the offense to take advantage of every key break.
Expect more Oregon running, an even better tempo than the normal fast-paced fun show, and for Cal to have a very, very hard time keeping up. The Bear defensive front will get hammered for well over 200 yards.
Oregon vs Cal Prediction, Line
Oregon 37, Cal 27
Bet on Oregon vs Cal with BetMGM
Oregon -8.5, o/u: 58.5
ATS Confidence out of 5: 3.5
Must See Rating: 2.5
5: Gangs of London
1: Hillbilly Elegy
- Red Bull officially requests review of Hamilton’s Silverstone penalty
- Bombers to unveil Grey Cup banner at home opener
- Saudi Arabia keen to alleviate human rights concerns
- WWE RAW News – Karrion Kross Reacts To His Win Over Keith Lee, Priest/Sheamus
- WWE RAW News – Alexa Bliss/Lilly-lution Shenanigans, Reginald Retains 24/7 Championship
- Jets 2021 Free Agency Preview: Needs, targets, issues
- A’s acquire Chafin from Cubs for 2 minor leaguers
- MLB trade deadline tracker: A star outfielder on the Yankees’ radar, plus our latest buzz
- Quinn McKay Given Third Chance At Qualifying For ROH’s Women’s Title Tournament
- Keith Lee Promises To Tell His Story In The Next Week Or Two – Details