Ole Miss wins Outback Bowl over Indiana 26-20. Five thoughts and analysis of the game, and what it all means.
Ole Miss wins the Outback Bowl
Final Score: Ole Miss 26, Indiana 20
CFN Prediction: Indiana 40, Ole Miss 34
Line: Indiana -7.5, o/u: 67.5
5. The Outback Bowl once again delivered
It’s been Big Ten vs. SEC since it made the change from the Hall of Fame to the Outback in 1996, and it keeps on coming through with good fun games.
Minnesota was able to come through against Auburn for a 31-24 in last year’s thriller on New Year’s Day.
Iowa got by Mississippi State 27-21 in the 2019 New Year’s Day version, South Carolina and Jadeveon Clowney blasted through Michigan 26-19 before that, and there were three overtime games in the 2010s.
— Outback Bowl (@outbackbowl) January 2, 2021
The Outback Bowl has now given us four straight good, tough SEC vs. Big Ten battles decided by seven points or fewer, and nine of the last 12 have been close.
This game always has that big conference teams that were just good enough to matter, but not so amazing that they’re disappointed to be playing in it. This one came through, too, only more so considering bowl games are still a huge deal for the Indiana program, and Ole Miss is just getting going under Lane Kiffin.
NEXT: What is this “defense” thing Ole Miss was doing?
- Both Teams To Score Tips For Accumulators: Best BTTS Tips Today Thursday 26th May 2022
- Horse Racing Each-way Tip Of The Day | Sandown Tip On Thurs 26th May
- Yanks put slugger Stanton on IL with sore ankle
- Minimum salary, maximum impact: Bozak’s OT goal keeps Blues alive vs. Avs
- WWE RAW Commentator Jimmy Smith Comes To The Defense Of Corey Graves
- Sting Pulled From AEW Double Or Nothing Due To Injury, CM Punk/Hangman Page
- Indiana Hoosiers Preview 2022: Season Prediction, Breakdown, Key Games, Players
- Indiana Hoosiers Top 10 Players: College Football Preview 2022
- Rays’ Raley feeling for hometown after shooting
- No matter what the Flames face, Chris Sutter will do his part to help his father