Oklahoma Sooners vs West Virginia Mountaineers prediction and college basketball game preview.
Oklahoma vs West Virginia Broadcast
Date: Saturday, February 13
Game Time: 1:00 ET
Venue: WVU Coliseum, Morgantown, WV
Network: Big 12 Network/ESPN+
Oklahoma (12-5) vs West Virginia (14-5) Game Preview
For latest lines and to bet on college basketball, go to BetMGM
Why Oklahoma Will Win
The Sooners were able to win the first time back in early January even though they didn’t shoot well and made a whole lot of mistakes. So how did they do it? They did just enough right to get by 75-71.
They did a wee bit more on the free throw line, they did a wee bit more on the glass, and they did a wee bit more from the field, even though the Mountaineers were great from three.
They have to repeat the performance.
West Virginia is terrific on the boards, and OU has to at least keep things even. The Mountaineers are also outstanding at bringing the pressure and forcing mistakes for easy baskets, and the Sooners just don’t turn the ball over often enough. However …
Why West Virginia Will Win
Oklahoma’s three point defense is awful.
West Virginia lost in the first meeting despite going lights out from three, and it might be able to do that again against a defense that has been good at times at getting out and making a stop, but is also coming off a rough defensive day in the win over Iowa State.
At home, WVU needs to reverse the first game by doing its part to own the glass – it was -6 in rebounding margin the first time – and the defense has to keep the Sooners from generating easy points. OU jacked up a season-high 35 threes in that game, and that’s fine – WVU just needs to clean up the misses.
What’s Going To Happen
It’s Baylor’s Big 12, but this is the battle for the No. 2 spot – for the moment.
The Mountaineers have won their last five Big 12 games, but they’re not necessarily a rock at home. They’ll be a bit better defensively in this – they’ll win the outside game – and they’ll be a bit tougher on the boards late to survive a fun back-and-forth battle.
Oklahoma vs West Virginia Prediction, Line
West Virginia 77, Oklahoma 73
Bet on college basketball with BetMGM
COMING, o/u: COMING
ATS Confidence out of 5: COMING
Must See Rating: 4.5
5: My Bloody Valentine (the band, not the movie)
1: Valentine’s Day
- Colorado Avalanche clinch Presidents’ Trophy, West Division title
- Chris Jericho Injured During Blood & Guts Match, Status For AEW’s Double or Nothing
- The Updated Card For Impact Wrestling’s Under Siege PPV Event
- Pac-12 Expansion: What Schools Should The Conference Target?
- Landry: Anti-rouge? Maybe you’ve missed the point
- Brawn expects field to spread under new 2022 regulations
- Argos land three 2021 picks, one from 2020 class
- Kentucky Wildcats: CFN College Football Preview 2021
- MLB Power Rankings: Who passed the Dodgers for our No. 1 spot?
- PHOTO: WWE Releases Special Poster For Top WrestleMania Backlash Match