Ohio State vs. Northwestern: Big Ten Championship prediction and game preview.
Ohio State vs. Northwestern: Big Ten Championship Broadcast
Date: Saturday, December 19
Game Time: 12:00 pm
Venue: Lucas Oil Stadium, Indianapolis, IN
Ohio State (5-0) vs Northwestern (6-1) Game Preview
For latest lines and to bet on the NFL, go to BetMGM
Three Reasons Why You Should Watch The Big Ten Championship
– What does Ohio State have to do to secure a spot in the College Football Playoff? At this point, just win, and the team is almost certainly in no matter what – at worst, the CFP No. 4 Buckeyes will be one of a possible four Power Five conference champs with a win – and will almost certainly be off to the Rose Bowl as the 2 or 3 seed. However, it wouldn’t be a bad thing just to cement the spot with a dominant performance.
– Northwestern has a few Big Ten championships with the 1995 season the last outright title, and now under Pat Fitzgerald it’s in the title game for the second time in three seasons. Absolutely no one is talking about the possibility of something bigger, though.
Could Northwestern actually get into the College Football Playoff if it beats the No. 4 team in the country and is a 7-1 Big Ten champion? The loss to Michigan State might make it too tough a task, but a win would put pressure on the committee.
– It’s happening right out of the gate. It’s not one of the night games like it usually is, kicking off at noon at the same time as the Big 12 Championship and before the NFL games. It’s going to be a tone-setting game for the rest of Championship Saturday – maybe. Notre Dame and Clemson will know where they stand in the afternoon ACC Championship.
Why does that matter in any way? If Ohio State wins in a blowout, one spot is locked in. If it stumbles in a loss or doesn’t look great, that could change the narrative a bit, especially for the SEC Championship and Florida’s distant dream of getting into the CFP.
Why Ohio State, Northwestern Will Win
What’s Going to Happen, Prediction, History
NEXT: Why Ohio State Will Win, Why Northwestern Will Win, Ohio State vs. Northwestern Prediction
- Big Ten Expansion. What Does The Conference Do Now?: Daily Cavalcade
- White Sox activate DH Jimenez off IL Monday
- Padres get Frazier from Pirates for three players
- AEW Donates $100,000 To Support Charlotte’s “Safe Alliance’
- Tony Khan & Other AEW EVPs Flew To Chicago To Film Footage This Past Sunday
- Nye: Inside the Riders’ Green and White game
- Four undervalued UFAs who could be bargains when free agency opens
- Lions release 18, including QB Will Arndt
- WEC unveils more details on Bahrain double header
- Maple Leafs 2021 Free Agency Preview: Needs, targets, issues