Ohio State Buckeyes vs Maryland Terrapins prediction and college basketball game preview.
Ohio State vs Maryland Broadcast
Date: Monday, February 8
Game Time: 9:00 ET
Venue: XFINITY Center, College Park, MD
Ohio State (15-4) vs Maryland (10-9) Game Preview
For latest lines and to bet on college basketball, go to BetMGM
Why Ohio State Will Win
The Buckeyes are in a groove. They’ve won four straight and seven of their last eight by getting hot from three, finding an attitude on the road, and with the offense ramping it up since an early January loss to Minnesota.
Part of the reason for the production is the lack of mistakes, the team gets to the free throw line a whole lot, and more than anything else, the shots are going down.
Maryland isn’t a big rebounding team and it doesn’t force enough mistakes to screw up the Ohio State O, however …
Why Maryland Will Win
For all of the great things the Buckeyes are doing, they don’t come up with steals, they’re not great at coming up with a slew of assists, and they’re not all that great at stopping teams from three.
Maryland is a quirky team that doesn’t score a whole lot and keeps games close, but can it get hot from the outside at home? This isn’t a great shooting team, but it’ll grind the game down to a stop at times and it has to connect from three just enough to stay in it. The OSU defense should let that happen.
What’s Going To Happen
How much do you believe in patterns?
Both teams have a way of coming up with big wins when no one is expecting it, but now it’s expected out of the Buckeyes. However, Maryland has been in a pattern of win-loss-win-loss over the last six games, and now it’s due for a win again.
What does that mean? The team adjusts, it finds some extra gear to do something positive, and at home, this is a must-win moment for a team whose season is slipping away.
Ohio State will pull this off – it has won its last four on the road – but it’ll be a low scoring fight.
Ohio State vs Maryland Prediction, Line
Ohio State 63, Maryland 59
Bet on college basketball with BetMGM
Ohio State -3.5, o/u: 138
ATS Confidence out of 5: 2.5
Must See Rating: 3
5: The Tampa Bay defensive front
1: The Kansas City blocking scheme
- Chris Jericho Injured During Blood & Guts Match, Status For AEW’s Double or Nothing
- The Updated Card For Impact Wrestling’s Under Siege PPV Event
- Pac-12 Expansion: What Schools Should The Conference Target?
- Landry: Anti-rouge? Maybe you’ve missed the point
- Brawn expects field to spread under new 2022 regulations
- Argos land three 2021 picks, one from 2020 class
- Kentucky Wildcats: CFN College Football Preview 2021
- MLB Power Rankings: Who passed the Dodgers for our No. 1 spot?
- PHOTO: WWE Releases Special Poster For Top WrestleMania Backlash Match
- Steve Austin Gives His Thoughts On Triple H