Ohio State Buckeyes vs Iowa Hawkeyes prediction and college basketball game preview.
Ohio State vs Iowa Broadcast
Date: Thursday, February 4
Game Time: 7:00 ET
Venue: Carver-Hawkeye Arena, Iowa City, IA
Ohio State (14-4) vs Iowa (13-4) Game Preview
For latest lines and to bet on college basketball, go to BetMGM
Why Ohio State Will Win
This team has found an attitude on the road lately.
It struggled earlier in the season, but in the last month it rolled against Rutgers, pushed past Illinois, and game up with a fantastic performance against Wisconsin as part of a run six wins in the last seven games.
What’s going right? There’s been more of an emphasis on getting to the basket, there isn’t much of a reliance on the three – at least over the last few games – and the defense has been fantastic at stopping teams from the outside.
Iowa doesn’t do that defense thing – especially from three – and Ohio State is more than happy to get into a shootout, but …
Why Iowa Will Win
Iowa is going to keep on shooting.
The threes are coming, no one is better at moving the ball around and creating assists, and especially lately, few teams are stronger at coming up with offensive rebounds.
The Hawkeyes are great at cleaning up messes and Ohio State is just okay at hitting the glass. Even worse for the Buckeyes, they don’t force mistakes and should get roasted by the great passing Hawkeyes for a whole lot of easy baskets.
What’s Going To Happen
Ohio State will clamp down enough on defense, and will do enough on the free-throw line – to slip by.
The Buckeyes have to limit the turnovers on the road – that’s been a bit of a problem – and the have to get out to a hot start and keep on pressing the scoring gas pedal.
Expect a whole lot of wild swings in a fun battle.
Ohio State vs Iowa Prediction, Line
Ohio State 80, Iowa 77
Bet on college basketball with BetMGM
Iowa -5.5, o/u: 157.5
ATS Confidence out of 5: 3
Must See Rating: 4
5: Beavis and Butt-Head version, “Whoomp There’s My Butt”
1: GEICO commercials
- Ohtani (fatigue) has Tuesday start pushed back
- Big collision sends Dozier to IL; Abreu day-to-day
- Cesaro Reveals Why His Pairing With Paul Heyman Didn’t Work, More
- PHOTO: Becky Lynch Is Back In The Gym Training
- Grosjean claims maiden IndyCar pole at Indy GP
- Argos announce 2021 coaching staff
- Predicting Round 1 of the 2021 Stanley Cup Playoffs
- Newgarden leads VeeKay in second IndyCar practice session
- UNLV Rebels: CFN College Football Preview 2021
- Stanley Cup Playoffs betting guide: Odds, picks, props and more