Notre Dame vs Georgia Tech prediction and game preview.
Notre Dame vs Georgia Tech Broadcast
Date: Saturday, October 31
Game Time: 3:30 ET
Venue: Bobby Dodd Stadium, Atlanta, GA
Notre Dame (5-0) vs Georgia Tech (2-4) Game Preview
For latest lines and to bet on college football, go to BetMGM
Why Notre Dame Will Win
It might not be splashy, and it might not be all that exciting, but Notre Dame has been tough as nails, especially on third downs.
Don’t get caught up in the lack of a big passing game – that worked just fine last week against Pitt. Don’t get into a twist over the lack of takeaways. The Irish lead all ACC teams in third down defense, and the offense is hitting 52% of its chances – only Clemson is better.
Georgia Tech has the ACC’s worst third down defense, the run D is giving up close to 200 yards per game, and it’s about to get hammered on by the strong Notre Dame offensive line and a ground attack that’s averaging over five yards per carry.
Why Georgia Tech Will Win
Can Georgia Tech somehow start forcing takeaways from the start?
The Georgia Tech defense hasn’t exactly been a brick wall – giving up 121 points over the last two games – but it’s been able to take the ball away. It didn’t do it against Boston College in last week’s loss, but it generated two takeaways or more in four of the other five games.
Offensively, for the first time in years, the passing game is working. A lot is coming from an attempt to keep up, but at least the yards are there with 244 or more in four of the six games. Georgia Tech hit the 200-yard passing mark in three times in the previous 47 games.
What’s Going To Happen
Notre Dame doesn’t seem to be able to play the same type of game twice, but it’s been effective. On the plus side, the Irish are adaptable to the flows of games.
Georgia Tech’s defense isn’t doing enough in any way, but Notre Dame isn’t going to get crazy here. Run, control the tempo, control the clock, own third downs, and then …
It’s on to Clemson Week.
Notre Dame vs Georgia Tech Prediction, Line
Notre Dame 44, Georgia Tech 16
Bet on Notre Dame vs Georgia Tech with BetMGM
Notre Dame -20, o/u: 57.5
ATS Confidence out of 5: 2.5
Must See Rating: 2
5: Halloween (either Siouxsie and the Banshees or Ministry version)
1: “It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown.”
- Bikini Olympia Top 3 Reunite on ‘Femme Flex Friday’
- Triple H Challenges Elon Musk To A WrestleMania Match On Mars
- More Big Names Added To The WrestleCon 2021 Convention – Details
- O’Leary: A trip down football’s memory lane with Marv Levy
- Unstoppable De Vries takes first Formula E victory at season-opener in Diriyah
- Inside Tyler and Cat Toffoli’s move to locked-down Montreal
- Flexit Brings a New Personal Trainer Twist to Home Training
- Gallery: Alfa Romeo’s C41 hits the track at Barcelona
- Revisiting Departed Lightning Players From 2019-20 Team
- Oilers Getting Contributions From Taxi Squad Call-ups