Breaking down and analyzing the 2021 Northwestern Wildcats football schedule with the best and worst case scenarios.
Northwestern Football Schedule 2021
Full schedule analysis with best and worst scenarios below
Sept. 4 Michigan State
Sept. 11 Indiana State
Sept. 18 at Duke
Sept. 25 Ohio
Oct. 2 at Nebraska
Oct. 9 OPEN DATE
Oct. 16 Rutgers
Oct. 23 at Michigan
Oct. 30 Minnesota
Nov. 6 Iowa
Nov. 13 at Wisconsin
Nov. 20 Purdue
Nov. 27 at Illinois
Dec. 4 Big Ten Championship (in Indianapolis)
Games vs. The East: at Michigan, Michigan State, Rutgers
Missed Teams From The East: Indiana, Maryland, Ohio State, Penn State
Northwestern Wildcats Football Schedule Analysis: If they’re as good as they were last year, they get revenge over Michigan State for last year’s loss with a win in the opener. The non-conference slate isn’t bad with Duke, Ohio and Indiana State, but the Big Ten West opener is on the road at Nebraska.
There’s no Ohio State or Penn State to deal with, but the Michigan game is on the road. However, the team goes from October 2nd until mid-November with only that date in Ann Arbor away from Evanston. Iowa is at home, but the Cats have to go to Wisconsin this year.
Northwestern Wildcats Football Schedule Best Case Scenario: They get by the Spartans and take down Nebraska on the road on the way to a 6-0 start before going to Michigan. There are misfires along the way, but they take care of home against Minnesota, Rutgers and Purdue and have yet another Big Ten West title there for the taking at Illinois, and they grab it.
Northwestern Wildcats Football Schedule Worst Case Scenario: After losing to Michigan State again, they misfire a few weeks later at Duke and then a few weeks after that drop the road game at Nebraska. The Big Ten title hopes are gone with a loss at Michigan, and losses at Iowa and at Wisconsin put the pressure on late just to go bowling.
- Colorado Avalanche clinch Presidents’ Trophy, West Division title
- Chris Jericho Injured During Blood & Guts Match, Status For AEW’s Double or Nothing
- The Updated Card For Impact Wrestling’s Under Siege PPV Event
- Pac-12 Expansion: What Schools Should The Conference Target?
- Landry: Anti-rouge? Maybe you’ve missed the point
- Brawn expects field to spread under new 2022 regulations
- Argos land three 2021 picks, one from 2020 class
- Kentucky Wildcats: CFN College Football Preview 2021
- MLB Power Rankings: Who passed the Dodgers for our No. 1 spot?
- PHOTO: WWE Releases Special Poster For Top WrestleMania Backlash Match