Northern Illinois vs Ball State prediction and game preview.
Northern Illinois vs Ball State Broadcast
Date: Wednesday, November 18
Game Time: 7:00 ET
Venue: Scheumann Stadium, Muncie, IN
Network: ESPN News
Northern Illinois (0-2) vs Ball State (1-1) Game Preview
For latest lines and to bet on the NFL, go to BetMGM
Why Northern Illinois Will Win
The defense is getting off the field.
This might not be a rock of a Huskie D – it’s giving up too many points – but it’s been great on third downs, allowing a nation-low 20% conversion rate.
The running game hasn’t quite worked as well as expected, but the team is able to control the game and the clock, holding the ball for over 35 minutes per game. NIU will have to do what it can to slow down the Cardinal offense, and tempo-wise, it can do that. However …
Why Ball State Will Win
Ball State is versatile.
It threw for 309 yards in the loss to Miami University to start the season, and ran for 304 yards last week to get by Eastern Michigan. The offense is averaging over 500 yards per game, the ground game is rolling, and special teams and punting are strong enough to keep the field tilted.
Make the Northern Illinois offense start deep in its own territory, and there’s going to be a problem.
What’s Going To Happen
Ball State has been through two good fights against two of the MAC’s better teams, Miami University and Eastern Michigan. It has been tested, and the offense still worked.
Northern Illinois will need a whole lot of breaks, takeaways, and special teams blunders to pull this off, and it won’t get enough of them.
Northern Illinois vs Ball State Prediction, Line
Ball State 41, Northern Illinois 20
Bet on Northern Illinois vs Ball State with BetMGM
Ball State -14, o/u: 62.5
ATS Confidence out of 5: 3
Must See Rating: 2
5: The Crown: Season 4
1: A Nashville Christmas Carol
- Union rejects MLB bid for DH in NL, more playoffs
- Former Pro Wrestling NOAH Star Hideki Suzuki Headed To WWE?
- Report – MLW To Push Back Live Events In Philadelphia & Chicago
- Taillon excited to join Yankees, reunite with Cole
- Tindal, Kanneh sign extensions in the nation’s capital
- FA Most Wanted: A returning star pivot
- NHL suspends John Chayka for rest of year after dispute with Coyotes
- Red Bull and Oreca team up to design hydrogen-powered spec chassis for Le Mans
- Jenzer adds Chovet to 2021 Formula 3 line-up
- Canucks face identity crisis as Green’s culture of commitment absent so far