North Texas vs UTEP prediction and game preview.
North Texas vs UTEP Broadcast
Date: Friday, December 11
Game Time: 6:00 ET
Venue: Apogee Stadium, Denton, TX
North Texas (3-5) vs UTEP (3-4) Game Preview
For latest lines and to bet on the NFL, go to BetMGM
Why UTEP Will Win
It’s UTEP’s shot at a four-win season for the first time since 2016, and to get it, this is when the offense has to get moving.
The North Texas defense has been non-existent at times. It struggles on third downs, it’s getting destroyed against the run, and it gives up big plays and points in bunches.
UTSA has able to run for 443 yards, SMU tore off 366, and the teams that didn’t run all that well was because they were too busy passing. UTEP doesn’t have a special ground game, and it was only able to get over 100 yards three times, but it’s been able to come up with multiple rushing scores in six games.
The Miner offensive line is playing well, and the defensive front is good against the run, but …
Why North Texas Will Win
The North Texas offense has the explosion that UTEP doesn’t.
The D might have problems coming up with meaningful stops, but the O is outstanding on third downs, it leads Conference USA in passing, and it’s great at connecting with the downfield passing game.
The accuracy hasn’t been there for Jason Bean – or Austin Aune – but the league’s best attack should be able to roll against a UTEP secondary that hasn’t been tested all that often, but struggled when teams have kept throwing.
What’s Going To Happen
Thanks to all the COVID issues, UTEP is not about to play its fifth straight road game – it won’t have a home game this year against an FBS team. The Miners have yet to beat a team that has an FBS win, and it’s not going to happen here.
UTEP will run well early, and then the North Texas passing game will take over and have the game in hand in the second half.
North Texas vs UTEP Prediction, Line
North Texas 41, UTEP 27
Bet on North Texas vs UTEP with BetMGM
North Texas -10, o/u: 64.5
ATS Confidence out of 5: 3.5
Must See Rating: 2
5: Wonder Woman 1984
1: A Holly Dolly Christmas
- WWE NXT 2.0 Group Could Be Called Up To The Main Roster Soon
- House Of Glory Returns With Featured Match – Amazing Red Vs. Will Ospreay
- Ticats add Bralon Addison to active roster
- From The Editor’s Desk: It’s time for Week 9
- Schumacher targets regular points with Haas in 2022
- Change at Mercedes for 2022 – but whose team will it be?
- White Sox P Rodon to test sore arm in Wed. start
- Giants 1B Belt has broken thumb; status unclear
- WWE RAW News – Karrion Kross Ends Jaxson Ryker’s Undefeated Streak, Priest/Sheamus
- WWE News News – Shayna Baszler Continues Her Dominance, Styles/Riddle