North Texas vs Middle Tennessee prediction and game preview.
North Texas vs Middle Tennessee Broadcast
Date: Saturday, October 17
Game Time: 5:00 ET
Venue: Johnny “Red” Floyd Stadium, Murfreesboro, TN
Network: CBS Sports Network
North Texas (1-3) vs Middle Tennessee (1-4) Game Preview
For latest lines and to bet on college football, go to BetMGM
Why North Texas Will Win
The passing game continues to be fantastic.
The offense leads Conference USA in yards per game averaging 550 yards per game with a league-high 347 passing yards per game.
The downfield attack is there with 305 yards or more through the air in all four games with Austin Aune finding his groove. He might not be all that accurate – completing 56% of his passes – but he’s averaging 8.8 yards per throw.
The Middle Tennessee run defense has been the bigger problem so far, but when teams have tried to throw, the success follows.
Why Middle Tennessee Will Win
The Blue Raiders are starting to get better. It hasn’t been easy, and it’s been a brutally rough start, but the passing game is starting to kick in for an offense that’s playing up to its potential.
There are too many turnovers and too many missed opportunities, but halfway through the campaign it might be when everything turns a corner after the win over FIU.
On the other side, the defense hasn’t been totally miserable after a rough first few games. The run defense has been okay against the teams that don’t have dominant ground games – North Texas doesn’t have a dominant ground game – and it’s been okay at limiting the big plays down the field.
What’s Going To Happen
North Texas couldn’t stop you and a few friends for throwing for 300 yards.
Middle Tennessee can move the ball however it wants to in what should be a wild and crazy shootout. Expect the two teams to combine for 1,000 yards and a whole lot of fun, big plays with the defenses taking the day off.
North Texas vs Middle Tennessee Prediction, Line
Middle Tennessee 40, North Texas 34
Bet on North Texas vs Middle Tennessee with BetMGM
Middle Tennessee -6.5, o/u: 72
ATS Confidence out of 5: 1.5
Must See Rating: 2.5
5: The Right Stuff (1983 movie version)
1: The Right Stuff (2020 TV version)
- Live: Watch Aston Martin unveil its 2021 F1 car
- Technical Insight: A complete analysis of the launch-spec Mercedes W12
- The Rock Calls Vince McMahon A Father Figure, Praises Randy Savage
- Ducharme’s fingerprints all over Canadiens’ skid-snapping win vs. Senators
- The Wrestling World Reacts To Bobby Lashley’s WWE Championship Victory
- Report – WWE NXT Moving To Tuesday Nights On 4/13
- Rapper Bow Wow & T-BAR Continue Their Twitter Feud, Big E. & Liv Morgan React
- 31 Thoughts: Why NHL is exploring the NBA Top Shot trend
- How salary-cap unicorns Thornton, Spezza have revitalized Leafs’ depth
- Cauz: Discovering football gems while re-watching the 1954 Grey Cup