Memphis vs Navy prediction and game preview.
Memphis vs Navy Broadcast
Date: Saturday, November 28
Game Time: 7:00 ET
Venue: Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium, Annapolis, MD
Network: CBS Sports Network
Memphis (5-2) vs Navy (3-4) Game Preview
For latest lines and to bet on the NFL, go to BetMGM
Why Memphis Will Win
The punting game is outstanding.
Memphis might be known for its high-powered offense that’s second in the AAC and tenth in the nation in total offense – it has the balance and versatility to do a little of anything it needs to do – but in a game like this, being able to tilt the field is a huge deal.
The run defense has enough good parts to handle the one-dimensional Midshipmen without getting rolled over, but it’s Adam Williams who needs to be the real star. The junior averages 44 yards per kick for the AAC’s best punting game, and Navy is just okay at returning kicks.
Memphis can score immediately. Navy has to be methodical.
Why Navy Will Win
Too many teams don’t commit to the run against Memphis because they can’t. Either they can’t do it well enough, or the game gets out of hand and they have to get throwing to keep up.
Even with the Tiger offense rocking and rolling, the defense keeps having problems putting games away. It’s getting the job done, but the D is one of the worst in the conference allowing 477 yards per game – and that’s after having no problems with the anemic USF and Stephen F. Austin offenses over the last few weeks.
The Navy offense isn’t just about running now – it’s been able to throw for over 200 yards in each of the last two games and it’s showing more balance than it had in years, but …
What’s Going To Happen
Navy doesn’t have the horses.
The program rocks and rolls when the running game is crushing everyone, and it’s not. It’s okay, but it’s not coming up with enough big plays and it’s not dominating the time of possession battle.
Navy is 3-0 this year when it runs for 200 yards, and 0-4 when it doesn’t. For all of the problems on the Memphis D, the run defense hasn’t been all that bad. It had issues with the Cincinnati ground game, but everyone does.
No one else has hit 200 on the Tigers.
Memphis vs Navy Prediction, Line
Memphis 40, Navy 31
Bet on Memphis vs Navy with BetMGM
Memphis -13.5, o/u: 62
ATS Confidence out of 5: 3
Must See Rating: 2.5
5: Thanksgiving beef tenderloin
1: Thanksgiving turkey
- Josh Anderson delivers playoff-type effort at crucial time for Canadiens
- Oilers get taste of playoff hockey in hard-fought Canadiens series
- How hot are the A’s? With an improbable 11th straight win, let’s say they’re sizzling
- Seth Rollins’ Reacts To Fan Poll On Twitter With Roman Reigns
- Jon Moxley & Eddie Kingston Crash Into The Elite’s Hangout, Darby Allin vs. Jungle Boy
- Padres’ Lamet exits early, set for MRI on forearm
- Texas Tech Red Raiders: CFN College Football Preview 2021
- The Waggle Extra: Ambrosie & taking the field in 2021
- Back 2 Basics: Learning the Landmine Row
- WWE NXT Viewership For 4/20/21