Maryland vs Rutgers prediction and game preview.
Maryland vs Rutgers Broadcast
Date: Saturday, December 12
Game Time: 12:00 ET
Venue: Capital One Field at Maryland Stadium, College Park, MD
Maryland (2-2) vs Rutgers (2-5) Game Preview
For latest lines and to bet on the NFL, go to BetMGM
Why Rutgers Will Win
The takeaways have to crank back up.
The Scarlet Knights famously kicked off the season with seven in the sin over Michigan State, and got two last week against Penn State, but only generated three in the five games in between.
Maryland, though, is a turnover machine with nine in three of the four games – mostly due to interceptions. The Scarlet Knight defense is great at generating pressure – even if the pass rush isn’t that great – and makes a whole lot of stops on third down.
Rutgers struggled offensively against Penn State last week but found a nice groove over a few weeks with an improved passing game. If needed, the O should be able to keep up, but …
Why Maryland Will Win
Penn State ran for 248 yards on Rutgers.
Stopping the run doesn’t mean everything to the Scarlet Knights – they stuffed Indiana and still lost – but it’s a big help. Illinois was able to control the game with 338 rushing yards, and Ohio State rumbled for over 200.
Maryland might be stronger when the passing game is working, but the two losses came with the running game didn’t function, and the two wins came when it did.
The Terps are wildly inconsistent, but the offensive line hasn’t been bad and the attack has an explosive element that Rutgers doesn’t have.
What’s Going To Happen
Rutgers might be better than it was over the last several years, and it’s been far more competitive, but the team is still missing just enough to win games on the road when the other side screws up
Maryland will do its best to make that happen with a few giveaways, but it’ll also get the ground game going just enough to pull off a surprisingly tough fight.
Maryland vs Rutgers Prediction, Line
Maryland 34, Rutgers 27
Bet on Maryland vs Rutgers with BetMGM
Maryland -8.5, o/u: 58.5
ATS Confidence out of 5: 2
Must See Rating: 2.5
5: Wonder Woman 1984
1: A Holly Dolly Christmas
- WWE NXT 2.0 Group Could Be Called Up To The Main Roster Soon
- House Of Glory Returns With Featured Match – Amazing Red Vs. Will Ospreay
- Ticats add Bralon Addison to active roster
- From The Editor’s Desk: It’s time for Week 9
- Schumacher targets regular points with Haas in 2022
- Change at Mercedes for 2022 – but whose team will it be?
- White Sox P Rodon to test sore arm in Wed. start
- Giants 1B Belt has broken thumb; status unclear
- WWE RAW News – Karrion Kross Ends Jaxson Ryker’s Undefeated Streak, Priest/Sheamus
- WWE News News – Shayna Baszler Continues Her Dominance, Styles/Riddle