Maryland vs Northwestern prediction and game preview.
Maryland vs Northwestern Broadcast
Date: Saturday, October 24
Game Time: 7:30 ET
Venue: Ryan Field, Evanston, IL
Maryland (0-0) vs Northwestern (0-0) Game Preview
For latest lines and to bet on college football, go to BetMGM
Why Maryland Will Win
So, is Northwestern going to start doing any of that scoring thing the kids are all talking about?
The Wildcat offense averaged fewer than 300 yards and 16 points per game, scoring 15 points or more seven times. It’s going to be better – Indiana transfer Peyton Ramsey will help the cause – and new offensive coordinator Mike Bajakian will keep things moving, but there’s still a question over whether or not there really will be a pivot.
It’s going to be a grind this year at times for the Terps, but head man Mike Locksley is upgrading the overall speed and talent. It starts at quarterback, where it seems like the program is finally in good shape with either Lance LeGendre or Alabama transfer – and Tua’s brother – Taulia Tagovailoa. Locksley won’t announce which one is starting.
Why Northwestern Will Win
So, is Maryland going to start doing any of that defense thing the kids are all talking about?
The Terp D finished dead last in the Big Ten last season, and while it’s loaded with veterans now, the team needs to prove it can do something right. There was no pass rush last season, the secondary is a question mark, and the front will be powered on.
On the flip side, for all of Northwestern’s issues, the defense was terrific last year – considering it had no help from the offense – and this season’s linebacking corps might quietly be the best in the Big Ten, or close to it.
What’s Going To Happen
Northwestern’s offense and Maryland’s defense will play at around the same level, but Northwestern’s defense is better than Maryland’s offense.
Don’t expect anything pretty, but after the way last year went, the Wildcats will take a grinding win thanks to a good day from the running game, a nice performance from Ramsey, and a great effort from the D.
Maryland vs Northwestern Prediction, Line
Northwestern 26, Maryland 17
Bet on Maryland vs Northwestern with BetMGM
Northwestern -11, o/u: 52.5
ATS Confidence out of 5: 1.5
Must See Rating: 2
5: Borat Subsequent Moviefilm
1: Hubie Halloween
- Sources: Mariners calling up touted RHP Gilbert
- Boone: Yanks have 7 COVID positives on staff
- Maria Kanellis Gives High Praise To Quinn McKay, Talks LuFisto Coming To ROH
- WWE NXT Viewership For 5/11/21
- Syracuse Orange: CFN College Football Preview 2021
- O’Leary: TSN’s Duane Forde w/ some East-West context
- Canucks taking risk with Green despite steering ship through turbulent year
- Pirelli concludes 18-inch tyre test from Barcelona
- Tre Ford, Adam Machart lead 2021 East-West Bowl roster recognitions
- Sabres GM addresses Eichel injury, says captain hasn’t requested trade