LSU Tigers vs Mississippi State Bulldogs prediction and game preview.
LSU vs Mississippi State Broadcast
Date: Saturday, September 26
Game Time: 3:30 ET
Venue: Tiger Stadium, Baton Rouge, LA
LSU (0-0) vs Mississippi State (0-0) Game Preview
For latest lines and to bet on college football, go to BetMGM
Why LSU Will Win
This offense should still work.
It might be missing just about all of the superstars from last year’s epic team, but QB Myles Brennan is a good talent, the receiving corps is loaded with upside, and the offensive line will be excellent.
The next men up are very, very good against a defense that loses five of its top seven tacklers.
But against the Mississippi State passing game that’s about to crank up, the Tigers have the defensive backs to hold their own. Mike Leach’s O will put up big numbers, but CB Derek Stingley and S JaCoby Stevens form a good start to one of the nation’s top secondaries.
Why Mississippi State Will Win
There’s defensive experience overall, and the parts filling in for the lost producers might just be better. As long as the passing game and the offense do what they’re expected to, the defense just has to hold serve once in a while. As good as LSU’s offense should be, it might take a wee bit to get there.
And then there’s the reason you called – the Leach offense. Get ready for KJ Costello.
Leach hasn’t 100% fully and totally committed to who his starting quarterback will be – he might switch this up at the final moment – but the passing game is going to keep the pressure on from the start.
Assume 300 passing yards from the Bulldogs, but …
What’s Going To Happen
Few teams in America could’ve used a tune-up game against a Central North Cupcake State more than these two.
How will the timing be on the Mississippi State O? It might rely on Kylin Hill and the running attack more than you might think, but the parts will be there to throw a scare into the Tigers for a half.
This is still an incredibly loaded LSU team, and over the long haul of the game, it’ll wear down the Bulldogs enough to get out with a good win in a fun game.
Give this one to the LSU lines.
LSU vs Mississippi State Prediction, Line
LSU 34, Mississippi State 23
Bet on LSU vs Mississippi State with BetMGM
SU -16.5, o/u: 56
ATS Confidence out of 5: 2
Must See Rating: 4
- MLB Power Rankings: Who passed the Dodgers for our No. 1 spot?
- PHOTO: WWE Releases Special Poster For Top WrestleMania Backlash Match
- Steve Austin Gives His Thoughts On Triple H
- Sportsnet announces Stanley Cup Playoffs first round broadcast schedule
- Johnny Bananas Offers His ‘Celebrity Sleepover’ Nutrition Tips
- Joey Logano’s crew chief suspended after Goodyear 400
- Stanley Cup Playoffs Power Rankings: Contender or pretender?
- Ferguson: When draft classes collide
- Mercedes: Hamilton would’ve passed Verstappen without second pit stop
- ‘He’s so fun to watch’: Yankees’ Cole shows he’s an ace for the ages