Loyola Chicago Ramblers vs Drake Bulldogs prediction and college basketball game preview.
Loyola Chicago vs Drake Broadcast
Date: Saturday, February 13
Game Time: 12:00 ET
Venue: The Knapp Center, Des Moines, IA
Loyola Chicago (17-3) vs Drake (19-1) Game Preview
For latest lines and to bet on college basketball, go to BetMGM
Why Loyola Chicago Will Win
The Ramblers have ripped through the last month of the season as they’ve taken full advantage of the – for the most part – back-to-back format of the Missouri Valley Conference, only dropping one road game against Indiana State in league play back in mid-January.
It might be wildly inconsistent from three, but it’s one of the best shooting teams overall starting with a defense that’s stopping everything and an offense that makes the extra pass or two better as well as anyone in the country. The Ramblers force a whole lot of mistakes, they do well on the move, and they’re brilliant at controlling games at their own pace.
Why Drake Will Win
Drake dropped its first loss of the season against Valparaiso last week when the offense went dead-cold, but that’s been it for the defeats. In general, this is a mistake-free team that’s brilliant on the boards and great from the field.
Like Loyola, the Bulldogs are terrific at coming up with the extra pass to come up with the easy shot, and they’re outstanding on the offensive glass when they do mess up.
For all of the good things the Ramblers do, they’re not big on the boards – to be fair, it’s because there just aren’t a ton of shots in most Loyola games – and for the first time in the MVC season, they’re facing a team that can match what they do.
What’s Going To Happen
The Loyola defense travels.
It’s going to be the sixth time in nine games and the eighth in 12 the Ramblers are on the road, but the defense that’s holding just about everyone to under 60 points will lock down and control a Drake offense that would love to get on the move.
The Bulldogs have struggled lately from three, and they’re not going to do a whole lot better from the outside against this D.
Loyola Chicago vs Drake Prediction, Line
Loyola Chicago 66, Drake 63
Bet on college basketball with BetMGM
Loyola -4.5, o/u: 133.5
ATS Confidence out of 5: 2.5
Must See Rating: 4
5: My Bloody Valentine (the band, not the movie)
1: Valentine’s Day
- MLB Power Rankings: Who passed the Dodgers for our No. 1 spot?
- PHOTO: WWE Releases Special Poster For Top WrestleMania Backlash Match
- Steve Austin Gives His Thoughts On Triple H
- Sportsnet announces Stanley Cup Playoffs first round broadcast schedule
- Johnny Bananas Offers His ‘Celebrity Sleepover’ Nutrition Tips
- Joey Logano’s crew chief suspended after Goodyear 400
- Stanley Cup Playoffs Power Rankings: Contender or pretender?
- Ferguson: When draft classes collide
- Mercedes: Hamilton would’ve passed Verstappen without second pit stop
- ‘He’s so fun to watch’: Yankees’ Cole shows he’s an ace for the ages