Kentucky Wildcats vs Vanderbilt Commodores prediction and college basketball game preview.
Kentucky vs Vanderbilt Broadcast
Date: Wednesday, February 17
Game Time: 7:00 ET
Venue: Memorial Gymnasium, Nashville, TN
Network: SEC Network
Kentucky (6-13) vs Vanderbilt (6-10) Game Preview
For latest lines and to bet on college basketball, go to BetMGM
Why Kentucky Will Win
Just when it seems like the season is completely and totally lost – and it is – Kentucky rises up and gets the offense going in a shocking win over Auburn. The team was hitting from three – not a given with the Wildcats – and the D held the Tigers down from the outside just enough to pull off the victory.
Can UK turn this into a big late run?
The blocked shots are always there, but if the outside shots are falling – UK hit 42% or more in four of the last five games – all of a sudden this is a dangerous team. Since Vanderbilt isn’t good at the whole defense thing, the Wildcats have to keep pushing, but …
Why Vanderbilt Will Win
The Commodores have been able to overcome its spotty defense with a decent shooting run.
They’re dead last in the SEC field goal D and they’re awful at defending the three, but they can hit from the outside and can do just enough on the defensive glass to prevent a ton of second chance points.
They lost the first game against UK back in early January because they weren’t sharp enough from three. Just a few extra threes and they win.
What’s Going To Happen
Can Kentucky win on the road? It has lost its last four away from Rupp, but Vanderbilt isn’t anything special at home.
It’s all about who has a decent shooting night. Neither team can get away with struggling from the outside, and neither one can give up second chance points.
Vanderbilt got the offensive rebounds in the first game and lost, but that was an aberration. UK will stay just hot enough from the outside to pull this off.
Kentucky vs Vanderbilt Prediction, Line
Kentucky 73, Vanderbilt 70
Bet on college basketball with BetMGM
COMING, o/u: COMING
ATS Confidence out of 5: COMING
Must See Rating: 2.5
5: Too warm
1: Too cold
- 2021 FCS Playoffs Schedule, Predictions, Bracket, Game Times, TV, Lines
- Brewers’ Yelich lands on IL with lower back strain
- Braves’ Kazmar plays in first MLB game since ’08
- Acosta prevails over Foggia to win Portuguese Moto3 encounter at the death
- Formula 1 announces 10-year Miami Grand Prix deal
- 2022 NFL Draft: Top 32 Pro Prospects First Look
- Oilers’ growth an extension of McDavid, Draisaitl’s own on-ice transformation
- The Rock & His Wife Purchase New Multi-Million Dollar Mansion
- Sami Zayn Reveals New T-Shirt For Charity, ROH’s 500th Episode & More
- Twins-Angels games PPD due to COVID concerns