Kansas State vs West Virginia prediction and game preview.
Kansas State vs West Virginia Broadcast
Date: Saturday, October 31
Game Time: 12:00
Venue: Mountaineer Field, Morgantown, WV
Kansas State (4-0) vs West Virginia (3-2) Game Preview
For latest lines and to bet on college football, go to BetMGM
Why Kansas State Will Win
The Wildcat defense has been able to step up after starting quarterback Skylar Thompson went down.
This is the Big 12, where 400-yard days of total offense just get you in the door. Texas Tech was able to get 404 yards on the Cats, and that’s it – no one else has been able to crank up the O, and that includes Oklahoma.
Will Howard was terrific against Kansas and isn’t turning the ball over, the defense leads the Big 12 in takeaways, and the team has been able to keep on rolling through a whole lot of adversity.
As always, the team seems to be able to create a whole lot of breaks – no one has yet to make a field goal against the Cats, missing all five attempts.
Why West Virginia Will Win
Kansas State isn’t great on third downs on either side of the ball, the pass rush is just okay, and the run defense can be pushed when tested. Turnover margin hasn’t been everything for the Wildcats, but it has played a huge role.
West Virginia only lost the turnover margin once – the -2 came in the win over Baylor.
The offense has stepped up the passing game, the defense has been excellent against the run, and the team leads the conference in total defense thanks to a strong line and a great pass rush.
What’s Going To Happen
West Virginia is 3-0 this season when allowing fewer than 100 rushing yards, and 0-2 when giving up more than the mark. Kansas State’s ground game isn’t dominant, but it’s had no problems getting over 100 yards in any of the last three games.
However, West Virginia is 3-0 at home. The defenses are going to keep the score low, with the Mountaineers coming through with enough of a passing game in the fourth quarter to bounce back from the loss to Texas Tech.
Kansas State vs West Virginia Prediction, Line
West Virginia 28, Kansas State 24
Bet on Kansas State vs West Virginia with BetMGM
West Virginia -3.5, o/u: 45.5
ATS Confidence out of 5: 1.5
Must See Rating: 2.5
5: Halloween (either Siouxsie and the Banshees or Ministry version)
1: “It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown.”
- Umpire: Didn’t ‘eject’ Orioles’ grounds crew
- MLB Power Rankings: Where all 30 teams stand as the top squads start to clinch
- Dovizioso confirmed at Petronas SRT for rest of 2021 and ’22, Morbidelli gets Yamaha factory deal
- Red Bull to hold Dallas F1 show run prior to US GP
- Pitt vs Western Michigan Prediction, Game Preview
- Missouri vs SE Missouri State Prediction, Game Preview
- Coastal Carolina at Buffalo Prediction, Game Preview
- Syracuse vs Albany Prediction, Game Preview
- Boston College vs Temple Prediction, Game Preview
- Mississippi State vs Memphis Prediction, Game Preview