Iowa vs Purdue prediction and game preview.
Iowa vs Purdue Broadcast
Date: Saturday, October 24
Game Time: 3:30 ET
Venue: Ross-Ade Stadium, West Lafayette, IN
Iowa (0-0) vs Purdue (0-0) Game Preview
For latest lines and to bet on college football, go to BetMGM
Why Iowa Will Win
Power, power, power.
There are a whole ton of new starting parts on both sides of the ball for the Hawkeyes, but QB Spencer Petras has the arm and the receiving corps to bomb away from the start. To start, though, Iowa can keep this simple …
Power away with the running game behind a terrific offensive line.
Left tackle Aleric Jackson leads a strong veteran front with a good rotation of backs to blast away on a suspect Boilermaker defensive front. Get that going, and the Iowa receiving corps should be able to hit home runs.
Why Purdue Will Win
Does Iowa have the secondary to hold up against the passing game that’s showing up to Ross-Ade on Saturday afternoon? Sort of, but not really.
Iowa always has a standard on defense that it always plays up to, but three starters are gone from the secondary, and there are just enough wholesale changes on the front seven to be a concern.
With Rondale Moore opting back in to what would’ve been a strong receiving corps even if he wasn’t back, here comes the fun. Jack Plummer is a veteran passer, the O line is full of experience, and the passing game will be fantastic.
What’s Going To Happen
How much does it matter that Purdue head coach Jeff Brohm is out after testing positive for the coronavirus? Brian Brohm will step in and be the acting head man – he’ll be just fine – but can the Boilermakers hold up against the Iowa fronts? Can Iowa hold down the high-powered Purdue passing game?
Purdue has won two of the last three in the series, but Iowa will come up with a sharp day with a good enough offensive balance to dominate the tempo and the time of possession battle. The Boilermakers won’t be on the field enough.
Iowa vs Purdue Prediction, Line
Iowa 27, Purdue 23
Bet on Iowa vs Purdue with BetMGM
Iowa -3, o/u: 55
ATS Confidence out of 5: 2.5
Must See Rating: 3
5: Borat Subsequent Moviefilm
1: Hubie Halloween
- Seattle Seahawks vs Philadelphia Eagles Prediction, Game Preview
- College Football Playoff Top 25 Rankings Prediction: What Will Round 2 Be On Tuesday?
- Shotzi Blackheart Comments On Leaving WWE Tough Enough Due To A Heart Condition
- Sami Zayn Says Liv Morgan Was Almost Part Of ‘The Great Liberator’, & More
- Watch Packers vs. Bears: TV channel, live stream info, start time
- Watch Eagles vs. Seahawks: TV channel, live stream info, start time
- College Football Odds: Opening Early Lines, Values Week 14
- Bowl Projections, College Football Playoff Predictions: Week 13
- ‘Just incredible’, ‘Cheat code’ – Some Rangers fans are in awe of 28-yr-old’s performance
- ‘Really poor’, ‘Clumsy again’ – Some Celtic fans are unhappy with 27-yr-old’s display