Iowa vs Northwestern prediction and game preview.
Iowa vs Northwestern Broadcast
Date: Saturday, October 31
Game Time: 3:30
Venue: Kinnick Stadium, Iowa City, IA
Iowa (0-1) vs Northwestern (1-0) Game Preview
For latest lines and to bet on college football, go to BetMGM
Why Northwestern Will Win
The Wildcats have an offense now.
After taking a year off from the whole scoring thing, the Wildcats took out its frustrations on a miserable Maryland team. Indiana transfer Peyton Ramsey threw for a sharp 212 yards and touchdown, to go along with a running game that cranked up 325 yards and four scores.
Northwestern was supposed to have a good defense, and it does, and the offensive line came into the season just fine, but if the skill guys really are that good, look out.
Iowa didn’t look the part yet. It struggled against Purdue’s passing game in the loss, it’s own air show didn’t click, and the offense sputtered in the second half with just three points in the loss.
Why Iowa Will Win
Iowa isn’t Maryland.
For all of the problems to come out of the 24-20 loss in West Lafayette, the run defense worked, the pass defense wasn’t all that bad, and part of the problem was a lack of sharpness from a Hawkeye team that’s usually a whole lot better than ten penalties and two fumbles in a road game against a slightly inferior team.
Again, there were issues, but the running game averaged well over five yards per carry and Spencer Petras didn’t have a miserable day – he just didn’t hit on the downfield passing game enough.
What’s Going To Happen
Yes, Northwestern was terrific against Maryland, but it looked and played that great because Maryland was just that bad. The Wildcats had something to do with that, but it helped that they didn’t get a lot of pushback.
Home field advantage is all relative at this point, but in Iowa City, the Hawkeyes will get past some of the misfires from last week and they should be a wee bit sharper. However, Northwestern will hold its own on the lines to keep this close throughout.
Iowa won’t lose two tight battles in a row.
Iowa vs Northwestern Prediction, Line
Iowa 23, Northwestern 20
Bet on Iowa vs Northwestern with BetMGM
Iowa -2.5, o/u: 45.5
ATS Confidence out of 5: 3
Must See Rating: 3
5: Halloween (either Siouxsie and the Banshees or Ministry version)
1: “It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown.”
- Ric Flair & Tony Schiavone Pay Tribute To The Late Jim Crockett Jr.
- PHOTOS: Parker Boudreaux Training With Eva Marie
- O’Leary: Bruno Labelle is ready for his pro future
- Vettel gets first Aston Martin run at Silverstone shakedown
- Bahrain GP open to vaccinated, Covid-19 recovered fans
- NHL Power Rankings: Time To Step Up Edition
- Hurry Hard: Building a perfect CFL curling team
- Brad Treliving laments ‘inconsistent’ Flames amid trying season
- Feature: Mr. Le Mans opens up – Tom Kristensen on his book, career and ‘Le Mans superstition’
- Aitken stays on as Williams reserve driver for 2021