Iowa Hawkeyes vs Illinois Fighting Illini prediction and college basketball game preview.
Iowa vs Illinois Broadcast
Date: Friday, January 29
Game Time: 9:00 ET
Venue: State Farm Center, Champaign, IL
Iowa (12-3) vs Illinois (10-5) Game Preview
For latest lines and to bet on college basketball, go to BetMGM
Why Iowa Will Win
The Hawkeyes are coming off a rough loss to Indiana last week, but that appears to be an aberration. This is still the nation’s best passing team, it’s still great at not turning the ball over, and it’s still second in the nation in scoring.
IU was able to clamp down a bit on the Hawkeyes from the outside, but again, that wasn’t normal. This is an incredible team from three, it’s brilliant at making that extra pass, and it’s going against an Illinois defense that doesn’t force a whole lot of takeaways and isn’t great at stopping teams from three. However …
Why Illinois Will Win
Illinois is one of the nation’s best-shooting teams from three because it’s almost as good as Illinois is at moving the ball around. Iowa is brilliant at generating that extra pass to get the right shot, and Illinois is great at that, too, to go along with its rebounding ability.
It’s not that Iowa doesn’t care about defense and doesn’t try, but it’s more about firing up the offense and winning shootouts. When the O isn’t on, you get Indiana 81, Iowa 69.
What’s Going To Happen
Who’s going to be stronger from three? Both teams hit the boards hard, both can move the ball around, and both can hit from the outside and are among the best teams in the nation from the field.
To beat Illinois you have to hit 40% from the field and 40% from three. Iowa can and will do that.
Iowa vs Illinois Prediction, Line
Iowa 84, Illinois 81
Bet on college basketball with BetMGM
Illinois -2.5, o/u: 161
ATS Confidence out of 5: 2
Must See Rating: 4
5: Trying to figure out GameStop and AMC
1: Trying to figure out the end of Trading Places
- Guardians’ Ramírez injured, Francona out Friday
- Mets’ Scherzer out 6-8 weeks with oblique strain
- Oilers’ playoff hopes hinge on Mike Smith finding his game after Game 1 stinker
- As Matthew’s biggest supporter, Brady Tkachuk is stealing the show in Calgary
- Sato on top again in busy Thursday Indy 500 practice
- Edge Teases Paige Possibly Joining ‘The Judgment Day’ Faction
- Paul Wight Doesn’t Recall Actor Kieran Culkin Throwing A Beer At Him
- Racing Tips: Andrew Mount’s Friday Picks – May 20th
- Frankie Dettori Booked Rides Today | Back This 42/1 Goodwood Treble on Friday
- Adams learning on all sides of the game with Argos