Illinois Fighting Illini vs Nebraska Cornhuskers prediction and college basketball game preview.
Illinois vs Nebraska Broadcast
Date: Friday, February 12
Game Time: 9:00 ET
Venue: Pinnacle Bank Arena, Lincoln, NE
Illinois (13-5) vs Nebraska (4-11) Game Preview
For latest lines and to bet on college basketball, go to BetMGM
Why Illinois Will Win
This has turned into a Final Four-caliber team over the last few weeks – at least, it has turned into a team that can make a deep run in the tournament. It’s a solid shooting team, and it makes up for the problems from three with a whole lot of rebounds at both ends.
The offense is moving the ball around well, it’s making the extra pass for easy shots, and the offensive rebounding is clearing everything up.
Nebraska, on the flip side, continues to struggle. It has yet to win a Big Ten game, the scoring has stalled, and even when it came up with a decent performance for 30ish minutes against Wisconsin, it was still a blowout loss.
Why Nebraska Will Win
The Huskers can rebound.
That’s Step One against Illinois. If you get blasted on the boards, that’s it. Nebraska will hold its own on the boards, and should stop anything Illinois wants to do from the outside – this is a strong D from three, only allowing one team to hit 40%in the last nine games.
Will going on the road matter at all for the Illini? This is only the second time since January 7th and third time since Christmas that the team has been away from Champaign, and the Huskers are way overdue to catch a few big breaks at home, and …
What’s Going To Happen
Illinois shouldn’t have a problem.
The Huskers will hold up defensively just long enough to make the Illini sweat, but over the long haul the lead will slowly get bigger and bigger until it turns into a run.
Making things worse will be Nebraska on the free throw line it hasn’t hit the 50% mark over the last three games from the stripe.
Illinois vs Nebraska Prediction, Line
Illinois 79, Nebraska 64
Bet on college basketball with BetMGM
Illinois -14.5, o/u: 148
ATS Confidence out of 5: 2.5
Must See Rating: 2
5: Drunk Tom Brady
1: Championship celebration rallies … always
- MLB Power Rankings: Who passed the Dodgers for our No. 1 spot?
- PHOTO: WWE Releases Special Poster For Top WrestleMania Backlash Match
- Steve Austin Gives His Thoughts On Triple H
- Sportsnet announces Stanley Cup Playoffs first round broadcast schedule
- Johnny Bananas Offers His ‘Celebrity Sleepover’ Nutrition Tips
- Joey Logano’s crew chief suspended after Goodyear 400
- Stanley Cup Playoffs Power Rankings: Contender or pretender?
- Ferguson: When draft classes collide
- Mercedes: Hamilton would’ve passed Verstappen without second pit stop
- ‘He’s so fun to watch’: Yankees’ Cole shows he’s an ace for the ages