Houston vs Navy prediction and game preview.
Houston vs Navy Broadcast
Date: Saturday, October 24
Game Time: 3:30 ET
Venue: Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium, Annapolis, MD
Network: CBS Sports Network
Houston (1-1) vs Navy (3-2) Game Preview
For latest lines and to bet on college football, go to BetMGM
Why Houston Will Win
The Houston offense is working.
The team might have had issues against a BYU team that’s on a roll, and there were way too many turnover problems in the opener against Tulane, but QB Clayton Tune has been terrific, and the receiving corps has rolled from the start.
As explosive as the Cougars might be, they’re controlling the clock, too. They’ve held on to the ball for close to 33 minutes a game so far – Navy is cooked if it doesn’t dominate the clock and the tempo.
Navy is starting to play better, but the defense is getting rolled by everyone’s ground game – the Cougars can move on the ground, too. But …
Why Navy Will Win
Navy’s ground attack is starting to work now.
The bad performance against BYU to kick things off is a distant memory, and the loss to Air Force was ugly. However, the running game worked against everyone else.
In three of the last four games, the Midshipmen have hit the 200-yard rushing mark. That’s good, but not special for this offense. It has been good enough, the downfield passing game leads the nation in yards per completion and should be able to take advantage of its opportunities to hit the Cougar secondary that cheats up to deal with the ground game.
What’s Going To Happen
Will home field matter for Navy? Yeah, just a little bit.
However, Houston is too explosive, the passing game is too good, and the defensive front that held up well against BYU in last week’s loss won’t get ripped up by the Midshipmen. Navy will get behind, and while it was able to come back against Tulane early in the year, it won’t have the ability to come up with the big drives late.
Houston vs Navy Prediction, Line
Houston 36, Navy 27
Bet on Houston vs Navy with BetMGM
Houston -14.5, o/u: 55.5
ATS Confidence out of 5: 3.5
Must See Rating: 2.5
5: Borat Subsequent Moviefilm
1: Hubie Halloween
- Jury: Chauvin guilty of George Floyd murder
- Alonso ‘felt 300 per cent more confident’ through race
- Ole Miss Rebels: CFN College Football Preview 2021
- Duke Blue Devils: CFN College Football Preview 2021
- Navy Midshipmen: CFN College Football Preview 2021
- Maple Leafs’ Nylander rises to Keefe’s challenge after missed meeting
- Canucks emerging from darkest weeks with brightest performances
- A Video Of Mick Foley’s Appearance On “Pawn Stars”, Big NJPW Stipulation
- WWE NXT News – Franky Monet Interrupts Io Shirai, Ted Dibiase Sr. Appears
- Freeman uninterested in ‘distraction’ of new deal