Houston Texans vs Detroit Lions prediction and game preview.
Houston Texans vs Detroit Lions Broadcast
Date: Thursday, November 26
Game Time: 12:30 ET
Venue: Ford Field, Detroit, MI
Houston Texans (3-7) vs Detroit Lions (3-7) Game Preview
For latest lines and to bet on the NFL, go to BetMGM
Why Houston Texans Will Win
Can the Detroit pass defense slow this Texan thing down at all?
Houston’s passing game has taken off over the last several weeks with three 300-yard games in the last six games, and 230 or more in every game this year but the weather-hammered loss to Cleveland.
The Lions are struggling with one of the NFL’s worst run defenses, but the secondary is the bigger problem, allowing over 200 yards in every game and getting hammered for 240 or more in four the last five. But …
Why Detroit Lions Will Win
It’s not like Houston’s defense is shutting anything down on a consistent basis.
Part of the reason the Texan passing game is rocking is to make up for the problems on the defensive side. Houston is dead last in the NFL against the run and no one has picked off fewer passes.
Matthew Stafford is expected to be fine with his thumb injury that played a big role in a bad performance against Carolina, and now comes the production in what should be a wild shootout.
Fantasy Football Player To Watch
RB Duke Johnson, Houston
The Houston running game has done absolutely nothing this season. David Johnson was a disappointment, and then he got hurt, and now it’s up to Duke Johnson to try cranking up the production against a miserable Detroit run D. Deshaun Watson is still the team’s most dangerous runner, but for a sneaky-late free agent flier, Johnson could pay off.
What’s Going To Happen
Neither team will run all that well as this gets into a firefight right out of the gate. Stafford will bomb away, Watson will be more effective with a bigger statistical day. However, the Lions will rally back in a big way after the clunker against Carolina, coming through with a late score in the final moments to pull out the thriller.
Houston Texans vs Detroit Lions Prediction, Line
Detroit 34, Houston 30
Bet on Houston vs Detroit with BetMGM
Houston -3, o/u: 51.5
ATS Confidence out of 5: 2
Must See Rating: 3
5: Thanksgiving beef tenderloin
1: Thanksgiving turkey
- Virginia vs Miami Prediction, Game Preview
- Umpire explains wild play in 9th in Cards-Cubs
- Matthew Tkachuk hopes to return to top form for Flames
- Big E. Comments On Competition Forcing WWE To Step Up Their Game, More
- Jeff Jarrett Comments On TNA Wrestling Going Head-To-Head With WWE RAW, More
- Think, Know, Believe After Week 4: College Football Daily Cavalcade
- Start vs. Sit: Building around a solid running game
- Try These 7 Essential Tips To Run A Smarter Marathon
- Morgan Rielly condemns Denyskin’s racist taunt: ‘There has to be action’
- With AL Central crown in hand, the real challenge begins for Tony La Russa and the White Sox