Duke vs NC State prediction and game preview.
Duke vs NC State Broadcast
Date: Saturday, October 17
Game Time: 3:30 ET
Venue: Carter-Finley Stadium, Raleigh, NC
NC State (3-1) vs Duke (1-4) Game Preview
For latest lines and to bet on college football, go to BetMGM
Why Duke Will Win
For the love of Krzyzewski, stop turning the ball over and everything will be fine.
The pass rush has been terrific, the passing game is uneven but it puts up yards, and the scoring is there, but a nation-high 19 turnovers and a -11 turnover margin screw up everything else.
It’s a bit of a reach to suggest that the record would be night-and-day without the mistakes – besides the turnovers, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play? – but Duke would probably be 3-2 right now if it wasn’t so quick to give it up.
Fortunately, NC State doesn’t take away the ball in bunches. If has five takeaways so far, and it generates pressure, but if Duke can just settle down and not force things, it has a shot to pull this off.
Why NC State Will Win
Yeah, they’re a thing with Duke, and they don’t appear to be stopping. It managed to beat Syracuse last week despite the four give-ups because the Orange offensive line is really, really bad at blocking, but NC State doesn’t need any extra help.
Very, very quietly, the Wolfpack have been good enough. The secondary will give up yards and every game is a fight, but Devin Leary has settled in at quarterback, the rushing attack is good enough, and the team seems to have figured out how to win.
What’s Going To Happen
It took a really, really, really bad game from Syracuse for Duke to win last week. There’s enough talent in place to be better than it has been, but NC State is playing well despite all the flaws.
Best of all, now NC State is back at home after surviving a three-game road trip going 2-1. It’ll be another shootout fr the Wolfpack, and Duke will have its chances, but three turnovers will be the difference.
Duke vs NC State Prediction, Line
NC State 38, Duke 31
Bet on Duke vs NC State with BetMGM
NC State -4.5, o/u: 60
ATS Confidence out of 5: 2.5
Must See Rating: 3
5: The Right Stuff (1983 movie version)
1: The Right Stuff (2020 TV version)
- MLB Power Rankings: Who passed the Dodgers for our No. 1 spot?
- PHOTO: WWE Releases Special Poster For Top WrestleMania Backlash Match
- Steve Austin Gives His Thoughts On Triple H
- Sportsnet announces Stanley Cup Playoffs first round broadcast schedule
- Johnny Bananas Offers His ‘Celebrity Sleepover’ Nutrition Tips
- Joey Logano’s crew chief suspended after Goodyear 400
- Stanley Cup Playoffs Power Rankings: Contender or pretender?
- Ferguson: When draft classes collide
- Mercedes: Hamilton would’ve passed Verstappen without second pit stop
- ‘He’s so fun to watch’: Yankees’ Cole shows he’s an ace for the ages