Detroit Lions vs Jacksonville Jaguars prediction, game preview, and fantasy player to watch.
Detroit Lions vs Jacksonville Jaguars Broadcast
Date: Sunday, October 18
Game Time: 1:00 ET
Venue: TIAA Bank Field, Jacksonville, FL
Detroit Lions (1-3) vs Jacksonville Jaguars (1-4) Game Preview
For latest lines and to bet on the NFL, go to BetMGM
Why Detroit Lions Will Win
Detroit hasn’t been great, but at least it’s not screwing up. It has yet to lose a fumble and Matt Stafford has spread out three interceptions over four games. Jacksonville’s defense doesn’t provide enough thump or pressure to generate any big turnovers that will matter.
The Lion offense has been balanced enough to count on the running game, and it should be able to roll at will against the league’s least-effective pass defense. The Jaguars allow 8.4 yards per throw – an NFL high – and Stafford will keep pressing the passing game deep.
Why Jacksonville Jaguars Will Win
The Lion defense is absolutely and totally miserable, giving up the most yards in the NFL starting with a horrible secondary. The Jaguar offense might have stalled overall, but the passing game has ripped it up with 657 yards over the last two games. The yards are there, but the consistent production isn’t. For a team that’s struggling on third downs, now it’ll get to have some fun.
Fantasy Football Player To Watch
WR Laviska Shenault, Jacksonville
With D.J. Chark hobbled by an ankle injury, Shenault should see increased targets against a Detroit defense that gives up way too many big plays to decent receivers. Shenault is coming off an uber-efficient seven receptions on eight targets for 79 yards against Houston – now he has to start looking like a true No. 1 target.
What’s Going To Happen
Detroit is an okay team playing poorly, Jacksonville is a poor team playing okay. The Lion defense will still be the Lion defense – it’ll get lit up for 300 yards – but the offensive side will be efficient enough to get the second win of the season.
Detroit Lions vs Jacksonville Jaguars Prediction, Line
Detroit Lions 27, Jacksonville 23
Bet on Lions vs Jaguars with BetMGM
Detroit -3, o/u: 54.5
ATS Confidence out of 5: 1.5
Must See Rating: 2
5: The Right Stuff (1983 movie version)
1: The Right Stuff (2020 TV version)
- Jury: Chauvin guilty of George Floyd murder
- Alonso ‘felt 300 per cent more confident’ through race
- Ole Miss Rebels: CFN College Football Preview 2021
- Duke Blue Devils: CFN College Football Preview 2021
- Maple Leafs’ Nylander rises to Keefe’s challenge after missed meeting
- Canucks emerging from darkest weeks with brightest performances
- A Video Of Mick Foley’s Appearance On “Pawn Stars”, Big NJPW Stipulation
- WWE NXT News – Franky Monet Interrupts Io Shirai, Ted Dibiase Sr. Appears
- Freeman uninterested in ‘distraction’ of new deal
- MLB, union meet for 1st CBA talks, sources say