Colorado State vs Fresno State prediction and game preview.
Colorado State vs Fresno State Broadcast
Date: Friday, October 29
Game Time: 10:00 ET
Venue: Bulldog Stadium, Fresno, CA
Network: CBS Sports Network
Colorado State (0-0) vs Fresno State (0-1) Game Preview
For latest lines and to bet on college football, go to BetMGM
Why Colorado State Will Win
Where did it go wrong in Fresno State’s 34-19 loss to Hawaii at home last Saturday?
The Bulldogs were able to move the ball well, but they turned it over four times, and shockingly against a Hawaii team – even with its new coaching staff under Todd Graham – the run defense got destroyed.
Fresno State gave up 323 yards on the ground, and new Ram head man Steve Addazio is going to want get the attack rolling right away. There’s a good mix of speed and thump in the Colorado State backfield, the offensive line will be okay – at least that’s the hope – and the passing attack should have enough to stretch the field in the opener.
Colorado State has tape on Fresno State. It’ll get running. However …
Why Fresno State Will Win
Fresno State QB Jake Haener threw three interceptions in the opener, but he’s a talent who should settle in.
So many teams across the board are a whole lot better than they looked in their openers, and that should be Fresno State. The timing away a bit off, RB Ronnie Rivers didn’t get rolling, and it was hard to get control of the game with Hawaii running so well.
However, the talent and pieces are there on offense to more balanced – the running game isn’t going to be that mediocre too often – and the defensive line should once again be great at getting into the backfield. The Bulldogs generated four sacks last week, and they should live behind the line against a new-look Ram offensive front that will be good in time, but has to be sharp from the start.
What’s Going To Happen
Colorado State’s offense will try to run right away, but it’ll have limited success against a Fresno State defense that’s going fix the glitch after not being able to handle Hawaii QB Chevan Cordeiro when it took off.
The Bulldog O will still sputter a bit, but it’ll have a sharper all-around Game 2. Being at home doesn’t mean what it normally does, but Fresno State isn’t losing two in a row.
Colorado State vs Fresno State Prediction, Line
Fresno State 31, Colorado State 27
Bet on Colorado St vs Fresno St with BetMGM
Colorado State -1.5, o/u: 59
ATS Confidence out of 5: 2
Must See Rating: 2.5
5: Halloween (either Siouxsie and the Banshees or Ministry version)
1: “It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown.”
- Live: Watch Aston Martin unveil its 2021 F1 car
- Technical Insight: A complete analysis of the launch-spec Mercedes W12
- The Rock Calls Vince McMahon A Father Figure, Praises Randy Savage
- Ducharme’s fingerprints all over Canadiens’ skid-snapping win vs. Senators
- The Wrestling World Reacts To Bobby Lashley’s WWE Championship Victory
- Report – WWE NXT Moving To Tuesday Nights On 4/13
- Rapper Bow Wow & T-BAR Continue Their Twitter Feud, Big E. & Liv Morgan React
- 31 Thoughts: Why NHL is exploring the NBA Top Shot trend
- How salary-cap unicorns Thornton, Spezza have revitalized Leafs’ depth
- Cauz: Discovering football gems while re-watching the 1954 Grey Cup