Who’s still alive in the chase to get into the 2020-2021 College Football Playoff?
Next week it’s really on when the Pac-12 adds its two-cents into the mix.
As always, the ground rules for this are 1) win your Power Five championship and go unbeaten and you’re almost certainly in, or 2) finish with one loss and a Power Five championship and you’re probably in, or 3) lose one game in the SEC, Big Ten or ACC and as long as that’s it, you have a shot.
Everyone else is playing for the joy of college football.
Teams that haven’t played yet, but really don’t have a shot at the College Football Playoff
No. Just … no.
Akron, Ball State, Bowling Green, Buffalo, Central Michigan, Eastern Michigan, Kent State, Miami University, Northern Illinois, Ohio, Toledo, Western Michigan
Teams that haven’t played yet, but have a chance
With a short season, go 7-0 with a Pac-12 championship and there’s a shot. 6-1 and ehhhhhhh.
Arizona, Arizona State, Cal, Colorado, Oregon, Oregon State, Stanford, UCLA, USC, Utah, Washington, Washington State
NEXT: Finished. Done. Let’s go take a steam …
- Mets ace deGrom now betting favorite for NL MVP
- Glasnow set for MRI on elbow after early exit
- X44’s Gutiérrez wins Rally Kazakhstan despite fracturing back
- Nissany gets French GP practice outing
- John Cena on the Biggest Lesson He’s Learnt From Vince McMahon
- Golden Knights providing the template for what wins in 2021’s NHL
- Canadiens’ Game 1 loss exposes problem Montreal faces without Petry
- Michigan State Spartans: CFN College Football Preview 2021
- Alexa Bliss Has Plans For Reginald, RAW Talk Segment & More
- Maddon OK if Ohtani chooses to hit, pitch in ASG