The latest college football news, notes, and happenings for Wednesday, October 28th.
Photo Credit: Jeff Hanisch-USA TODAY Sports
Wisconsin vs. Nebraska cancelled
Due to an outbreak of COVID on the Wisconsin football team, the program has paused all football activities for the next seven days, meaning the game against Nebraska this week is cancelled. New star QB Graham Mertz tested positive twice this week and will be out for 21 days. The next date for Nebraska is at Northwestern, and Wisconsin’s next schedule games is against Purdue.
We have paused team activities.
— Wisconsin Football (@BadgerFootball) October 28, 2020
Myles Brennan expected to be out vs. Auburn
LSU QB Myles Brennan missed last week’s game against South Carolina with a torn abdomen muscle, and he’s expected to be out this week against Auburn. Freshman TJ Finley stepped in and hit 17-of-21 passes for 265 with two touchdowns and a pick and a rushing score.
Ed Orgeron says quarterback Myles Brennan has not practiced this week which means TJ Finley will likely start again this weekend when #LSU travels to Auburn:https://t.co/Z29O3L2kWy pic.twitter.com/33ZLJQcohG
— TigerDroppings (@TigerDroppings) October 28, 2020
- Brewers’ Yelich lands on IL with lower back strain
- Braves’ Kazmar plays in first MLB game since ’08
- Acosta prevails over Foggia to win Portuguese Moto3 encounter at the death
- Formula 1 announces 10-year Miami Grand Prix deal
- 2022 NFL Draft: Top 32 Pro Prospects First Look
- Oilers’ growth an extension of McDavid, Draisaitl’s own on-ice transformation
- The Rock & His Wife Purchase New Multi-Million Dollar Mansion
- Sami Zayn Reveals New T-Shirt For Charity, ROH’s 500th Episode & More
- Twins-Angels games PPD due to COVID concerns
- DeGrom strikes out 9 in row, 14 in all, in win