The latest college football news, notes, and happenings for Tueday, December 8th
Photo Credit: Sam Greene-USA TODAY NETWORK
Cincinnati vs. Tulsa canceled … at least Round 1
Cincinnati vs. Tulsa will be the American Athletic Conference championship next week – most likely at Cincinnati – but the two were supposed to play in the regular season finale, too. That’s off due to a COVID outbreak at Tulsa.
Cincinnati’s game at Tulsa on Saturday, Dec. 12th, has been canceled and will not be rescheduled.
— Cincinnati Football (@GoBearcatsFB) December 8, 2020
UCF accepts Boca Bowl invite
UCF is the second team to accept a bowl invite – Army the first to the Radiance Technologies Independence Bowl – going to the Boca Raton Bowl against either a Conference USA or MAC team, but BYU or Liberty could be the choice.
Staying in the Sunshine State ???
— UCF Football ? (@UCF_Football) December 7, 2020
Former Texas head coach Fred Akers passes away
Former Texas head coach Fred Akers passed away on Monday. He was 86-31-2 at Texas with two Southwest Conference championships and three top five finishes. He was also the head man at Purdue from 1987 to 1990 – going 12-31-1 and began his career at Wyoming. He was 82.
— Texas Longhorns (@TexasLonghorns) December 8, 2020
- Red Sox get All-Star Schwarber from Nationals
- Sources: Dodgers finalizing Scherzer, Turner deal
- Domino’s Pizza Upset After Pizza Cutter Segment On AEW Dynamite, ‘Assessing Advertising’
- X-Division Championship Match Confirmed For Impact Wrestling: Homecoming
- Elks leave LB Diggs, DE Lemon off final roster
- Rosters Taking Shape: Tracking cuts across the CFL
- NHL free agency grades: Evaluating how each Canadian team did on Day 1
- Mercedes: Red Bull should stop ‘tarnishing Hamilton’s reputation’
- Two sentences on every free agent signing of significance in the NHL
- Red Bull’s right to review petition rejected by FIA