Ball State vs Central Michigan prediction and game preview.
Ball State vs Central Michigan Broadcast
Date: Saturday, December 5
Game Time: 2:00 ET
Venue: Kelly/Shorts, Mountain Pleasant, MI
Ball State (3-1) vs Central Michigan (3-1) Game Preview
For latest lines and to bet on the NFL, go to BetMGM
Why Ball State Will Win
The Cardinals picked it back up after losing the opener to Miami University, ripping off three straight including a season-changing – potentially defining – win over Toledo on the road.
Drew Plitt was fantastic. The veteran quarterback has thrown a pick in every game, and last week he was phenomenal hitting 74% of his throws for 304 yards and two scores for the win.
Central Michigan is playing well overall, but it gave up 382 yards through the air in a loss to Western Michigan, and 365 yards in a win over Eastern Michigan over the last two games.
Throw in Ball State’s ability to get into the backfield, and the run D has been strong, but …
Why Central Michigan Will Win
Can the Central Michigan passing game get rolling?
The offense has been balanced so far with 318 rushing yards last week against EMU and over 200 in each of the last three games, but Ball State’s secondary is what gets hit.
The Cardinals have one of the nation’s worst pass defenses – allowing 311 yards per game – and it’s not coming up with enough big plays. CMU is winning on its offensive balance, its run defense, and in turnover margin.
What’s Going To Happen
This should be fun.
Central Michigan will pull this off at home, but only after needing to survive a massive offensive performance from Plitt and the Cardinal offense. Each team will trade big punches, but CMU will win the turnover and time of possession battles.
Ball State vs Central Michigan Prediction, Line
Central Michigan 38, Ball State 34
Bet on Ball State vs Central Michigan with BetMGM
Central Michigan -1.5, o/u: 62
ATS Confidence out of 5: 2
Must See Rating: 3
5: Gangs of London
1: Hillbilly Elegy
- Max Caster Disses Opponents in Revolution ‘Ladder Match’ Music Video
- Applying Pressure: Argos changing defensive identity with FA moves
- Quartararo and Yamaha top final day of first Qatar MotoGP test
- ‘Foolhardy’ to ignore Alpine, Ferrari threat – Aston Martin
- World Championship Match Announced For ROH 19th Anniversary Show
- Jets Mailbag: Should Winnipeg sell high on Paul Stastny?
- Which CFL records could live forever?
- Flames start hot, burn out vs. Oilers as new coach Sutter watches from afar
- Oilers fought, scored their way out of slump in comeback win vs. Flames
- Miller plays finest game to drive Canucks’ comeback win over Maple Leafs