Army vs Navy prediction and game preview.
Army vs Navy Broadcast
Date: Saturday, December 12
Game Time: 3:00 ET
Venue: Michie Stadium, West Point, NY
Army (7-2) vs Navy (3-6) Game Preview
For latest lines and to bet on the NFL, go to BetMGM
Why Navy Will Win
The defense has been solid over the last few weeks.
It got lit up by SMU on Halloween and had issues over more of the season, but it was able to hold Memphis to under 300 yards and kept Tulsa under wraps in a 19-6 Golden Hurricane win.
The run defense doesn’t get into the backfield, but it’s been able to hold up against the run over the last month – obviously, slowing down the Army running game is everything.
Navy isn’t bad when it has to throw, averaging over 17 yards per completion and with the ability to throw a wee bit when it has to. Army will hit a big downfield pass once in a while, but the attack really can’t throw if it needs to.
Why Army Will Win
It’s sort of a problem for Navy the it can’t run.
The ground game has been just okay, not great, hitting 200 yards just once in the last four games and averaging just 3.7 yards per carry. The offense isn’t controlling the time and the action, it’ll lose the time of possession battle by at least five minutes, and it doesn’t have the defense Army brings.
The main problem for the Midshipmen will be on third downs. Army is great at converting on third down, Navy isn’t.
What’s Going To Happen
It’s a home game for Army with the game being moved from Philadelphia.
Air Force doesn’t have the Army type of ground game, but it’s a mainly-run only offense that came up with close to seven yards per carry and 369 yards in a 40-7 win over Navy earlier in the year. Army won’t win that easily, but it runs better than Navy and is a whole lot stronger defensively.
However, Navy played a better schedule. It beat Tulane on the road, and Army just lost 38-12 to the Green Wave. Don’t get too hung up on that – Army just held the Georgia Southern option attack to 175 rushing yards and hasn’t allowed more than 200 this year.
Army vs Navy Prediction, Line
Army 28, Navy 17
Bet on Army vs Navy with BetMGM
Army -8, o/u: 37.5
ATS Confidence out of 5: 2
Must See Rating: 4
5: Wonder Woman 1984
1: A Holly Dolly Christmas
- Big Ten Expansion. What Does The Conference Do Now?: Daily Cavalcade
- White Sox activate DH Jimenez off IL Monday
- Padres get Frazier from Pirates for three players
- AEW Donates $100,000 To Support Charlotte’s “Safe Alliance’
- Tony Khan & Other AEW EVPs Flew To Chicago To Film Footage This Past Sunday
- Nye: Inside the Riders’ Green and White game
- Four undervalued UFAs who could be bargains when free agency opens
- Lions release 18, including QB Will Arndt
- WEC unveils more details on Bahrain double header
- Maple Leafs 2021 Free Agency Preview: Needs, targets, issues