Arkansas State vs South Alabama prediction and game preview.
Arkansas State vs South Alabama Broadcast
Date: Saturday, November 28
Game Time: 3:00 ET
Venue: Centennial Bank Stadium, Jonesboro, AR
Arkansas State (3-6) vs South Alabama (3-6) Game Preview
For latest lines and to bet on the NFL, go to BetMGM
Why South Alabama Will Win
South Alabama needs to come up with takeaways and it has to own the clock.
This hasn’t been a great Jaguar team in turnover margin, but it managed to come up with four takeaways in last week’s loss to Georgia State, eight in the last three games, and 11 in the last five games.
The team has to be a +2, and Arkansas State might just make it happen – it’s -4 on the year and has turned it over two times or more five times on the season. The Jaguars need the breaks because …
Why Arkansas State Will Win
The South Alabama offense has just sort of stopped.
It wasn’t all that dominant throughout the year, and now scoring points has become a major problem. The Jaguars haven’t scored more than 17 in any of the last four games and managed a total of 30 over the last three.
The O line is allowing way too many plays in the backfield, and Arkansas State has just enough of a pass rush to be a problem.
That, and the Red Wolves lead the Sun Belt in total offense. They have the potential to get up fast and make USA press – that would be a problem.
What’s Going To Happen
Arkansas State isn’t doing much of anything defensively – the team gave up 47 points and a big pass day to Texas State last week – and it’s struggling on a four-game losing streak, but now it’s back at home after going on the road three times in the last four week games.
The South Alabama offense will perk up, but it won’t be enough as it stalled out just often enough on the road for the Red Wolves to take over.
Arkansas State vs South Alabama Prediction, Line
Arkansas State 31, South Alabama 27
Bet on Arkansas State vs South Alabama with BetMGM
Arkansas State -7.5, o/u: 64
ATS Confidence out of 5: 2
Must See Rating: 2
5: Thanksgiving beef tenderloin
1: Thanksgiving turkey
- Domino’s Pizza Upset After Pizza Cutter Segment On AEW Dynamite, ‘Assessing Advertising’
- X-Division Championship Match Confirmed For Impact Wrestling: Homecoming
- Elks leave LB Diggs, DE Lemon off final roster
- Rosters Taking Shape: Tracking cuts across the CFL
- NHL free agency grades: Evaluating how each Canadian team did on Day 1
- Mercedes: Red Bull should stop ‘tarnishing Hamilton’s reputation’
- Two sentences on every free agent signing of significance in the NHL
- Red Bull’s right to review petition rejected by FIA
- Jays address bullpen, get closer Hand from Nats
- 5 forwards Maple Leafs could target in ‘second wave’ of UFA market