Defense wasn’t even optional on Thursday night.
In a game that was mostly without defensive stops, the Red Wolves only needed one. Georgia State, who needed five yards on fourth down, opted for a deep pass only to be thwarted by Samy Johnson at the goal line.
Turnover on downs, and Arkansas State emerged victory in a game that saw 13 total touchdowns
The Panthers, without RB Destin Coates RB and WR Cornelius McCoy, still had plenty of firepower, totaling 583 yards and 52 points. It was not enough. Layne Hatcher, Logan Bonner and special guest star Rashauud Paul passed for 551 yards and 8 TDs and the Red Wolves won 59-52.
- College Football Rankings: 1 To 130: Week 3
- Auer takes late pole for Sunday race at Assen
- Bombers battle through adversity in Edmonton
- AP Top 25 Poll, Rankings Prediction: Week 3
- Coaches Top 25 Poll powered by USA TODAY, Rankings Prediction: Week 3
- NFL Game Previews, Schedule, Predictions, Lines, How To Watch: Week 2
- Chicago vs Cincinnati Prediction, Game Preview
- Cleveland vs Houston Prediction, Game Preview
- Dodgers’ Bellinger diagnosed with rib fracture
- Pina homers twice as Brewers clinch playoff berth